Allison Transmission hp4560 ECU

Aveiro

Hello, a have a truck with Allison Transmission hp4560. Truck wouldnt start and giving me a malfunction code J1939. Had someone check it and was told the problem is the ECU for the transmission went bad. The light on the transmission console does not lit up when i turn the key, and it always did lit up. But does anybody think this guy is right?
He works at an Allison trans shop and he checked all wires on the ECU. The damn ECU cost $2400 plus programming and installation...$3600 at the end of it
Please, some advice..thankx

dbarton291

RE: Allison Transmission hp4560 ECU

Aveiro - 2/24/2009 12:02 PM

Hello, a have a truck with Allison Transmission hp4560. Truck wouldnt start and giving me a malfunction code J1939. Had someone check it and was told the problem is the ECU for the transmission went bad. The light on the transmission console does not lit up when i turn the key, and it always did lit up. But does anybody think this guy is right?
He works at an Allison trans shop and he checked all wires on the ECU. The damn ECU cost $2400 plus programming and installation...$3600 at the end of it
Please, some advice..thankx

Don't know if his diagnosis is correct or not. It does sound to me like the price you're being quoted for the HD4560 controller is extremely high. This question has come up before and others have found ECUs much cheaper after some internet shopping.

dbarton291

Re: Allison Transmission hp4560 ECU

You might try contacting www.dmrelectronics.com DMR Electronics in Hibbing, MN if you really do need an ECU. There's another place in Pennsylvania that sells ECUs and TCMs but I can't remember the name right off. Wait....TKT Sales. That's it.