Allison Transmission Questions

racedogg

hi Allison Man

I have a 95 Monaco with a MD3060 w/touchpad. The thing that happens is every once in a while when trying to press into gear, a steady beep is audible and it just blinks without going into gear.

There was a power interuption once upon a time, (when the shutdown solenoid didnt shut the engine off but the electric did), but that has been fixed.

Is there a way to clear this issue and perhaps get the computer to reset on this? Or is this just a coincidence with the power issue and its a wire somewhere or something like that? I will check for codes tonight.

If we push enough buttons back and forth from N to D, N to R etc. eventually it will kick into gear and then run fine for quite a while. It only seems to do this once in a while. About every 6th start or so.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks Much!

copper

any info on reprogramming the allison 1000--[02 chev duramax-4x4[
--make it shift sooner when not pulling a load--will save gas-
sort of reverse 'tow haul mode'--it seems like it could go into 4th at 35-40 instead of 45-50--
less rpms-??hh

copper

any info on reprogramming the allison 1000--[02 chev duramax-4x4[
--make it shift sooner when not pulling a load--will save gas-
sort of reverse 'tow haul mode'--it seems like it could go into 4th at 35-40 instead of 45-50--
less rpms-??hh

robltam

hello i got a 1990 corsica and when you start it it runs good but when it warms up all the way it stalls when you put it in gear and if you leave it in park it will idle good can you help me please rob

skillet560

Hi allison man. I have a 545 in a 81 winnebago with a 454 chevy engine.the problem i am having is that it does not release 3rd gear all the way when it shifts to 4th and it overheats and burns up the 3rd gear clutch pack. thank you. scott.

skillet560

Hi allison man. I have a 545 in a 81 winnebago with a 454 chevy engine.the problem i am having is that it does not release 3rd gear all the way when it shifts to 4th and it overheats and burns up the 3rd gear clutch pack. thank you. scott.

skillet560

skillet560

ghindmon

Hi AllisonMan,

Our Church has a **** Eagle 10 bus with an Allison (maybe 740) tranny. The tranny oil cooler is a heat exchanger that uses the engine coolant to cool the tranny oil. This heat exchanger has rusted out and started to leak. Can you tell me where to get a replacement heat exchanger or if I can use a radiator-type cooler with or without a fan instead. Maybe a Hayden. Can you recomend specs on a radiator-type if that is acceptable. Dimensions, Fitting Size, BTU/Hr, Fan, etc.

Thanks for your time and expertise!

slowpc

I have confirmed I've got a bad TPS (occasional lock out/reads 37% throttle). Can the new TPS be installed without use of a scanner to set idle percentage? 94 Gulfstream, Cummins turbo mechanical eng., Allison World 6 speed.

slowpc

CPLATT41 and others: Are you noticing hard upshifts, too? Have the shift points changed? Finally, if you are getting an occassional "lock out" (if you have electronic shift panel, beeps and won't let you shift into gear) when starting out? Go to a shop with a good reputation and correct scanner for your transmission, have the throttle position sensor (TPS) values checked. That sensor can cause trouble and with the miles you have is a likely problem. They will check for other codes at that time, too. If that is OK take a look at the electrical connections on the wiring harness to the transmission, especially the large gang plug. Look for any oil leaks from that plug into the harness connector. A shop can check it quickly. Both have caused me trouble in the past. Good luck. Mike, 94 Gulfstream Sunstream DXL, cummins turbo diesel, Allison World Trans.

ar

i would like to ask a question; what do yu do when your 1999 ford diesel truck keeps on slipping in 3 gear. my tranny has been fixed 3 times and whwn i take it home it works fine but whwn i hitch it up to pull something it slips whats wrong with that...

ar

i would like to ask a question; what do yu do when your 1999 ford diesel truck keeps on slipping in 3 gear. my tranny has been fixed 3 times and whwn i take it home it works fine but whwn i hitch it up to pull something it slips whats wrong with that... :blackeye: :disapprove:

Derek

Hi,

Had codes D1 21 12 and fitted new TPS. Now displaying codes D1 56 22. Any ideas on the meaning of this code? Thanks

jpwelte

Allison Man, I've got a 2003 Winnebago Journey with a cat 3126E engine and allison 3000-mh trans. I am not getting any codes that there is an error, but the trans is shifting hard and seems underpowered at these times. The problem comes and goes erratically. It will jump from 1500 rpm to 2800 rpm then slam into the next gear. It also doesn't downshift at the right times. Any ideas.

savit1

i have a 2001 2500hd duramax with aalison 1000, would like to install a o/d diable switch, i have been a tech all my life with instructions i,m sure i can install it, the dealers look at me like i have 2 heads when i ask about the switch
what do you think
thanks sal love that trans
p/s i tow a 30ft travel trailer

Don Page Sr.

HI, First I have to commend you for sharing your time and experience with others i'm sure you have helped save many a transmission proble with sharing your knowledge.
I just purchased a 94 Gulfstream with a 230 and 4060 transmission. This drove very nice for 600 miles and then strated to get a do not shift light if I hit a jolting bump on the high way. I reset with the down arrows and the the mode until tone but it still does the do not shift when hard bumps are hit and seems to be getting more sensituve to the bumps, also the cruse control droppped out a couple of time with the bumps.I live in KIngston WA. Have a nice day and God Bless america..Don

Don Page Sr.

HI, First I have to commend you for sharing your time and experience with others i'm sure you have helped save many a transmission proble with sharing your knowledge.
I just purchased a 94 Gulfstream with a 230 and 4060 transmission. This drove very nice for 600 miles and then strated to get a do not shift light if I hit a jolting bump on the high way. I reset with the down arrows and the the mode until tone but it still does the do not shift when hard bumps are hit and seems to be getting more sensituve to the bumps, also the cruse control droppped out a couple of time with the bumps.I live in KIngston WA. Have a nice day and God Bless america..Don

Don Page Sr.

quote:Originally posted by AllisonMan

Hi there. I have worked on Allison Transmissions for 27 years. If you have any questions, please post and I will check back once a week and try to answer them all. Thanks and have a great day! :)

Don Page Sr.

HI Allison Man,
I thinks it is awfully nice of you to share your experience with all us RVers. I just recently purchased a 34' Gulfstream with a 230hp Cummins and 4060 allison with md. It runs along nicely at 11800 at 63 mph. It has 66k miles on it and has been recently serviced. While on a 1600 mile trip it started giving a do not shift when a jarring bump is hit, it seems to be getting more sensitive to the bumps. I have reset with the arrow keys and puhed mode until tone. The cruise also has dropped out a couple of times when a hard jolt is hit. bridges are the worst. Tahnks for any in sight..Don Sr.