Allison Transmission

tmichael599

I have been told that if I change the tire size, and lift a Chevrolet 2500 HD with the Duramax diesel and Allison Trans, that I will void the factory warranty, yet I see many lifted trucks on the local dealers showroom for sale. Any one know for sure?? The lift I am considering is a 6" RCD, with 37.5x13.50x 18 tires and 18x10 wheels.

Thanks for you assistance.
Tmichael;

Cobranut

Allison Transmission

From what I understand, it will cause the engine and transmission to go into "limp mode" which reduces power and inhibits shifting.
In addition, according to Allison it will severely damage the transmission. (They're apparantly pretty fragile).

GNLE1

Allison Transmission

I LIFTED MINE WITH A 6"RCD, PUT 35 INCH TIRES, ELECTRIC STEPS, FULL VIDEO SYSTEM, AND BANKS EXHAUST ON IT BEFORE IT WAS 2 DAYS OLD. THE TRANS FAILED AT 3000 MILES. THE FACTORY WESTCOAST REP TROUBLESHOT IT, REPLACED IT, RECALIBRATED THE SPEEDO TO MATCH THE TIRES, AND MY FACTORY AND DEALER BOUGHT WARRANTIES HAVE COVERED IT ALL EVEN WITH 80K ON IT RIGHT NOW. BESIDES, ALL THE PLUG AND PLAY HORSEPOWER MODULES THESE DAYS RESET THE TRANS SHIFT POINTS AND ADJUST THE SPEEDO BASED ON TIRE SIZE. 100 EXTRA PONIES IS GOOD.