Another dealer gone

C Nash

Saw the lot empty at a local rv dealer today on 65. Guess the economy has bite again. Sure sad to see business go out. :(

G

RE: Another dealer gone

That is too bad for the employees ,, but i guess it's gonna happen ,, with the economy the way it is ,, but if fuel stays low (which it won't) alot of dealers may be once agian selling ,, the sad part is ,, alot are forced into full time ,, due to the loss of stick homes ,, but they are the ones at fault ,, an adustable morgage ,, now come on ,, but i feel for them ,,, i have a neighbor that lost his house ,, just due to that ,,, but i my self hope rving get's up off it's hind end agian ,, i know i could use the work ;) :approve: :approve:

utmtman

Re: Another dealer gone

There are a few companies saying that selling of rvs is picking up. Saw that on a local news report. There is hope but......

H2H1

I think folks are waiting to see if gas and fuel level out before they decide if they want to buy a new or used RV. I know the lower fuel cost is exciting to me and I really hope it stays that way thru the summer, that would help me out. Unless gas get over $4.00 a gallon, I am still planning on going to SD this coming May.

rjf7g

It will be interesting to see how the RV industry goes. The sale prices on Class A's are amazing. How are those A-liners selling, GTS?

JW07

RE: Another dealer gone

I for one hope that the RV industry/market comes back strong because I have been trying to sell my Class A coach since September with no success. The market in the Chicago area seems to be almost "dead" with the exception of those bargin hunters. I have a RV Dealer about 2 miles away and his lot is full of motor homes whereas this time last year he was down to about a dozen units. Some of them are new Coachmen units shipped prior to the plant shutdown, some are used, with the remaining being repros.
I'm sure fuel cost has an impact on the market but the biggest is our slumped ecomony with so many people out of work and the banks tightening their rules on loans. With the economy the way it is, all that I can hope for is someone from the local area looking for a newer used coach with low milage and a few bucks in their pocket.

:( :( :( :(