another problem with the tv 12v outlet?

wilf

anyone know ? the 12v outlet in the compartment next to the tv that supplied the tv and vcrs stopped working is there a fuse for it ?,

there were 2 wires coming out of the cover for 2 vcrs which i disconected from the backs of them as i wont use them, (i put in a dvd that uses mains power ) and there is also a cigar lighter outlet on the same cover that the tv was plugged into as well,

i found a 12v fuse board above the refridgerator and checked them all and they were ok.
anyone know if theres anywhere else for them or what it could be, it was working ok then would not come on the next time i tried it ? i can plug the tv into the cigar lighter in the dash but will this run down the engine battery ?

wilf

RE: another problem with the tv 12v outlet?

sorry forgot to say the mh is a 93 fleetwood coronado 27'

TexasClodhopper

Re: another problem with the tv 12v outlet?

Wilf, you didn't actually say that the TV would come on when you plugged it into a different 12vdc outlet. Some 12vdc cord plugs have their own fuses inside of them.

Did you actually measure 12vdc between the center point and the outer rim of the receptacle that you think doesn't work?

wilf

, yes the tv works when i plug it into the dash cigar lighter, the outlet cover that it was plugged into inside the cabinet above the dash had a red light on it but that is out so theres no power to it i dont think ?

LEN

Do you have another 12 volt outlet other than the one on the dash(most likely this is powered by the start battery not the house)? If so do you have power there 12 volt? Did you turn off the hose battery? Do the 12 volt lights work? If yes to these then its most likely a fuse for the offending out let and the hunt is on to find where it is. If you have a manual sometimes it will give a hint or at least where the fuse panels are(there can be several).

LEN

wilf

thanks for the replies guys, yes all the 12v lights work just not the oulet that supplies the tv i can't see any other 12v outlets other than the one on the dash which i am sure will run off the engine battery i dont mind the wire running down to the dash one but am i right in thinking it will run the battery down?

wilf

any clues where the other fuse panels could be be , found one above the fridge and one in the right side of the engine compartment all they are ok ??

TexasClodhopper

All my fuses are in one place ... right around the converter ... and around the AC circuit breakers.

It is also possible that the wire to that receptacle is broken so a looksee behind that cover is in order, too.

If it does turn out to be a fuse, you should start thinking about why it blew. Perhaps this "there were 2 wires coming out of the cover for 2 vcrs which i disconected" is related to why the fuse was blown?

wilf

the 2 wires that come out of the outlet were the power for the vcr's i just unpluged them from the backs of the sets, the tv was still working for a day after that? i will take off the cover and see if anythings loose let you know what i find.