Antenna reception

toyzrus

Hi new here, I have and older fifth wheel and I changed the antenna head to the winegard w/wingman and a digital tv, reception has alot to be desired, I can get two channels here at home from a city 35 miles away, went to Glouchester Mass. couldn't receive anything being only 50 miles from Boston, and at a few other campgrounds maybe 1 or nothing at all. Is there a booster or something to use to receive just a few channels not looking for SAT. reception. This is driving me nuts. :confused:
HELP

JimE

Does your unit have a booster switch for the TV? Mine have all been Class A's but had a booster switch either on the dash or on a switch plate over the dash.

toyzrus

JimE;79714 said:
Does your unit have a booster switch for the TV? Mine have all been Class A's but had a booster switch either on the dash or on a switch plate over the dash.

No just a switch to go from cable to antenna and when it is on antenna a little red light comes on.

Grandview Trailer Sa

That light tells us you do have a booster....when your light is on, your are sending a boost to your antenna. Digital signals vary where ever you are....let me ask...are scanning your TV when you move it? If not, you have to.

toyzrus

Yes I do put it on channel scan. So I am guessing there is nothing else I can do? Well I guess up here in upstate NY you can't expect much. How good are these signal finders that camping world sells? they have a meter on them which I imagin tells you if there is a signal out there. Is there anywhere on the net that sells them?

akjimny

Hi Toyzrus and welcome to the RVUSA Forum. I have the same setup that you do and experience the same problem. If the antenna isn't pointed spot-on the broadcasting station, the digital TV won't find the signal, even with a booster. I have to rotate the antenna a bit, then have the TV rescan for channels. Eventually I either get a channel (or two) or I give up a pop in a dvd.

I am considering going to satellite TV but I'm not sure if it will work any better up here in Alaska.