Antenna to cable

kiddsareus

Hey folks,

I am a single female about to start full timing in Georgia. I have a 35 foot 1989 Georgie Boy. This thing is wired for antenna for the front and back TV's. There is a cable jack in one of the basement compartments. I hooked it up to cable but the TV's were still only using the antenna. Do you think that there is a switch somewhere in the unit or will I have to rewire for cable?
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Robin

Darwin

Re: Antenna to cable

First, where is the cable jack located, is it on the drivers side near the other utility connections, or is it on the passenger side. If it is on the passenger side it is probably a place to hook up a TV outside. If it is on the drivers side I would expect it to be imput for cable. I have a switch located in the front near my TV with push buttons to select input. You can by a switch a Camping world but you must locate or run new wiring.

kiddsareus

Thanks, I should have been more clear. It is on the drivers side, so I'm thinking it's for bringing cable in as apposed to hooking a TV up for outside viewing. Do you think they considered cable back in '89? Thanks, Robin

CapeCodBob

Is there a switch that indicates cable versus antennea.
There should be some kind of switch to go back and forth. Wineguard makes several.
Do u have a crank up ant.? A cable from that and a cable from the jack on the drivers side should come together and hook up to the wineguard. then cables go frokm the wineguard out to the TV"S.
Anyway, don't worry about it, get ion the road . Eventually u will bump into a good samaritan that will help u out like me.
You'll be so busy having fun and meet ing new people u won't need the TV. ;)