ANTS ANTS ANTS

ARCHER

Re: ANTS ANTS ANTS

Hey Poppa welcome back. When I am in Florida I put the fire ant killer around all the tires, the jack in front and anything that might have a path to the trailer (like the sewer line). Check on Terra Ant Kill (not sure if that is the right name but close).

TexasClodhopper

Poppa, we've had an 'all points bulletin' out on you a couple of times. Glad to find that you are back! :approve:

I found Terro Liquid Ant Bait at WalMart and Walgreens. It comes in little packets with liquid in them. You cut off one end which opens a "ramp to hell" for those ants that are already inside your MH.

Terro isn't something you would use outside.

I found that Bayer has the best products for ants. I put it around the tires etc. if the site is not on concrete.

C Nash

Welcome back Poppa. Guess it took the ants to bring you back. Pesky little devils. I have found that comet will keep them away.

H2H1

welcome back popa as Tex stated there was an APB on you and glad you are back. I, like Nash use comet, it's cheaper and it works. I have to say on our last trips out we didn't use anything, guess it was to hot or the snow kept them in. I have a sprayer that I spray inside with a killer contents that I got from a professional. It's working as I don't see any bugs. So good luck on getting rid of your bug/ants.

kaboomer

I bought an RV that I knew had water damage. Today when I was tearing out part of the soggy ceiling in the back, you will never guess what dropped down on me...........Thousands of big black ants carrying eggs. They had obviously been nesting in the moist lumber/insulation. I immediately popped open a fogger and called it a day. I will update you tomorrow. GROSS!!!

Shadow

Welcome back Poppa, What we have been doing is putting ant spray on the base of the jacks and landing gear around the tires and chocks, and also around the water lines and electric pole. Anything touching the ground. Had fire ants get in the trailer one time and now I do this as soon as we set up..Put the granular out too if staying a week or two....

JimE

RE: ANTS ANTS ANTS

If they are not fire ants I have been very successful at using Terro outside. They make an outdoor trap that you fill with the liquid. You will see them for a day or two but that will be it. I put a couple of traps around the levelers and the tires and it did the trick.

ARCHER

Hey Poppa, just thought of another way to get rid of the ants. Buy you a RedRider BB gun and just hide near the trailer and when they start crawling around, let um have it. I bet that is how Chelse does it down there in the hills of Alabama. :laugh:

rjf7g

Terro also makes a shaker bag that will get rid of them. You can engage in chemical warfare by shaking the stuff right on the batch-o-ants or you can make a perimeter with it. It does tend to track in to a camper but it sweeps up nicely!

H2H1

hey Archer a BB gun would not do for Nash he would need a 12 gauge :laugh: .You know how those Ala boys hunt :laugh: :laugh: :approve:

C Nash

Naw, we just use a carbide light at night to shine their eyes and then shoot them with our 30-0-6s :laugh:

ARCHER

Hey Chelse, what is the current record for distance from the ant to the rifle position? What is the record for multiple kills with one shot? Do you have chocolate covered ants the day after the hunt? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

H2H1

ARCHER that distance would be lenght of the barrel in an up right position :laugh: one round one down, unless one walks infront of the other :laugh: :laugh: . I thought he would use a 12 gauge and shoot up in the air and let the pellets just hit the ground taking out as many as he can. with multi kill a chocolate ants is a must :laugh: :bleh:

karyljm

I've used comet it can help, but if there is any path open for them, they will come in. I've also used the Terro Oil and they do go in that direction. Best of Luck