anybody wanna trade an suv for an rv?

Discussion in 'General RVing' started by kazee, Nov 17, 2004.

1. kazee

kazee New Member

I have an 88 chevy blazer 4x4 in good shape with minor interior and exterior wear black leather interior, power locks/doors needs muffler 176,000 miles
    will trade for motorhome with good engine
    please email me if interested :laugh:
  2. sepisllib

sepisllib New Member

Not to discourage you Kazee - however - your 4 x 4 is worth possibly $300 or $400 and I serously doubt you are going to manage a trade for what you are seeking.

You may be better off going to e-bay and start bidding on something there - but I have not seen anything (motorhomes) - even in sad shape - for anywhere near the value you are looking.

Maybe you should consider keeping the 4 x 4 and finding an old folddown camper to pull behind it.

Good luck

God Bless

Bill & Judy
  3. kazee

kazee New Member

The 4x4 is worth $1789 kelley blue book
  4. robsouth

robsouth New Member

Good luck to you Kazee.. a "good engine" in a motor home is worth more than $1789 alone. If you find a motorhome for that amount or less, be very cautious about traveling in it. I have never seen one for anywhere near that price. Happy camping.
  5. janicenlarry

janicenlarry New Member

If you can find somebody to give you $1789 for that vehicle you would be a miracle worker. Good luck :clown:
  6. sepisllib

sepisllib New Member

Sounds like you are trying really hard to become one of us - Kazee. Welcome and I hope you are able to find some way to accomplish this. Here are a couple more suggestions though.

1- If you "Really" want to know the true value of your vehicle - take it to a reputable used auto dealer and explain that you want to sell it to him/her. Obtain his/her best offer and try and haggle them up as high as possible. Answer to this question will set the true value of your vehicle (then - IF - you are able to get more than that price by selling it privately then you have gotten the gravy out of it.

2- Check on e-bay. There is at least 1 motorhome for sale at the present time - in which the sellers are advertising that they are willing to take at least "Partial" trades.

This may be your best bet for getting into the camping scene - and again. Good luck to you and God Bless

PS - Last year I had a really nice 1982 Chevrolet Caprice 4 dr. It had 280000 on it and new tires (had less than 3000 on them). I tried to trade the car in and not a single dealer would consider taking it. I tried to "Give" the car to a charity - no one would take it. I offered the car to a dealer friend who very reluctantly offered me $150 for it.

This car was in excellent shape - no rust - no damage - interior excellent - etc.

I put a sign on it and after nearly 8 months a mexican man stopped by and looked at it several times. Finally he came back once again and offered me $550 for it (I had a sign for $600 on it).

I took the price and he drove it away. In effect I made $400 on the car.

Bill & Judy