Anyone familiar with McKenzie Monaco Starwood 5th wheel?

Discussion in 'Talkback' started by Timicat, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Timicat

Timicat New Member

We are seriously considering buying a 2006 McKenzie Monaco Starwood LX 5th Wheel with a rear living room and double slides. Does anyone have experience with this brand that they're willing to share? Soon? Thank you. :

2. DL Rupper

DL Rupper Senior Member

Re: Anyone familiar with McKenzie Monaco Starwood 5th wheel?

Hey Timicat, welcome to the forum. I'll start off by saying I have no experience with McKenzie products positive or negative. That's good because if a product is really bad, the word gets out. However, if you are spending between $35,000 to $60,000 for a 5th Wheel, I would encourage you to look at Carriage, HitchHiker, Excel, Travel Supreme, Alpenlite and Prairie Schnooner, before you buy. They are all good RV's. :)

3. Timicat

Timicat New Member

Dear DL
    Thanks for the advice and the reply.
    Sincerely Timicat

4. s.harrington

s.harrington Senior Member

Back in 2000 I worked for a McKenzie dealer. The construction was good (same as Holiday Rambler) but the interiors were pretty basic. Thats why you could save almost $20,000 over a HR. The floor plans were well laid out and we never had any problems with them. Just the typical stuff like cicuit boards and broken drawer guides.

5. seward

seward New Member

RE: Anyone familiar with McKenzie Monaco Starwood 5th wheel?

did you buy that 5th wheel - i too am interested in that model and year of 5th whhel trailer and would like to know what you did - if you bought how do you like it, etc.? thanks