Atwood water heater questions

I have an Atwood GC6AA9E water heater (gas/elec with electronic ignition). When I have it on A/C the heater doesn't seem to work. On LP it seems to work fine. So I'm thinking its either the element or the board. Is there a way I can find out which is not working?

Triple E

Re: Atwood water heater questions

I am assuming that A/C = Air Conditioning. And when you say the heater does not work when the A/C is on, you are talking about the hot water heater. :question:

With the A/C turned off what does the water heater do? There should be no correlation between the A/C and the water heater except the 110 volts and I would tend to think that you would be experiencing other problems with the 110 volt appliance's if this was a 110 volt problem.

Tell us what you find and good luck. :)

:8ball:

Triple E - 5/23/2010 11:52 AM

I am assuming that A/C = Air Conditioning. And when you say the heater does not work when the A/C is on, you are talking about the hot water heater. :question:

lol...no. "A/C" means "alternating current" as opposed to being heated by "LP". The heater works on propane but not on electric.

Triple E

:eek: :laugh: Is there a way for you to measure 110 volt at the heating element to see if you are getting power to the heater. Another way is to, POWER OFF, disconnect the wires at the element and measure the continuity across the leads. You should so a closed loop if not then you have an open loop and the element is no good.

Keep us posted.
:)

Found the problem!! Didn't realize there are TWO sets of thermostat/ECO switches. I replaced the ones on the front (for the gas) but it was the ECO switch for the A/C part of the water heater. Nice. Only $36 bucks for a new set.

Triple E

Hey Dave thanks for replying. I had no idea there was two stats. Now I know one more thing. ;) :cool: That is what I like about this site, always learning something new.

G

RE: Golf swing speed

man why don't u take u'r golf clubs and u'r free adds ,, and stick them where the sun don;t shine ,, i am getting really tired of all this ,, GO AWAY