Auxiliary fuel tank

krsmitty

Installed a 51 gal tank/tool box combo to my truck Saturday. :applause:

Ready to do some long haul travels now. :excitement:

H2H1

That was my thinking also Nash, but at least once it done, he can go a long way before he reaches in his pocket again

krsmitty

Understand that...went by Murphy's and put in $100 and gave me about 1/2 tank. Opened up the valve to make sure it flows ok and was empty by morning after filling up the OEM tank...lol. So, about another $200 worth to fill the aux tank. Between the OEM and Aux tank should be able to make around 1000 miles.

H2H1

welcome to my world. I have a 100 gal tank on my MH so I know what you will fill each time you go to fill it up. BTW at Murphy this morning gas was $3.18 a gal. As of now the MH is showing almost full so I will start topping it off in the morning, just hope it does not jump back up before I can get there

G

well i have a 150 gal tank and diesel ,, u don't know what that cost me to fill :eek: ,, but well worth it ,, IMO but i am still out and about ,, well kinda ,, heading home soon ,, then out again ,, i luv this new MH ,, all i want to do is drive it and go somewhere :)

flyboy1

Hey where did you find that Tank /tool box combo? I have been thinking of doing the same thing, we live in Brooksville Fl. and last summer we went camping on Lake Lanier NE of Atlanta took us 3 1/2 tanks of gas to get there.

krsmitty

A friend of mine bought a used Chevy Duramax and the tank came with it. Not sure why my friend did not want it, but I grabbed it from him. Keep an eye on craigs list/ebay for them. If you want new, check out RDS out of Perry, FL. They had the best prices for a new one. Even cheaper if you get one from one of their vendors.