Awning just Snapped

chevysabre

we just had a wonderful storm come thru and it snapped my awning in half. just curious if anyone knows if the awning will be covered by my insurance or not? homeowners or the camper insurance. i hope someone does this thing is turning into a real money pit. takes the fun out of camping!!!

chevysabre

RE: Awning just Snapped

Thanks for the quick responses guys. I hope your right. Hard not to get frustrated with all this rain!! at least i learned a few lessons along the way!

C Nash

Re: Awning just Snapped

Sure could use that rain here also. Tim some insurance companys will not cover awnings so ck with yours and I hope they will. RVing is like any othe hobby EXPENSIVE but you can't put a price on family camping , meeting other campers and seeing the country.

H2H1

I think it will get better for you. I have been down that road and replaced several arms and brackets and even handle. Now I am having problems with batteries problem . I to think it a money pit, but what a way to do it. I guess you really got to love camping to keep putting money in it. I have never read any place that said camping was cheap. I will say that our last trip to AZ was cheaper in our MH than staying in a motel :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

DL Rupper

Most full-timer policies cover awnings. Some of the other regular Trailer policies don't cover what they consider to be add-ons.

SnowbirdInFlight

Well I've put in three claims on my trailer since we've owned it. Once for wind damage, once for collision damage, and once for damage due to a gun shot (not from us). We are covered under our truck/house insurance. If the damage is caused while we are at home we are covered as if it is our house insurance. When we are on the road it is covered as if it is on our truck insurance. We have Farmers Insurance. We have never had a problem with collecting on the insurance regardless of the damage.

deniloo

We have extra tiedowns on the awning but DH puts awning in when the wind starts. Seen too many awnings flapping in the wind!

G

that is the only safe thing to do Denise ,, put the awning up when the wind picksup ,, i doit even though i know the awnig will take a little bit of wind ,, and i have all the tie downs and goody's for it ,, but my awning is 20ft long ,, so i just put it up at night ,, and also put it up when any wind is flexing it ,,, ;) :approve: :approve: :approve: :approve:

H2H1

Well I guess I am one of the luckey ones. I have wind detecting sensors that will roll up the awning if wind gets up. Howwever this can be a problem if you out and gust of wind come up the sensor will roll up the awning. But It has a switch that you can turn off the sensor to prevent this. Good luck and rollit up at night just to be safe. :laugh:

DL Rupper

I have all the tie downs, but hardly ever put up my 18 foot awning just because the wind doesn't care about those tie downs and will ruin your day if you aren't there to roll it up when the wind blows. My awning is too much trouble to worry about, so I leave it rolled up most of the time and work on my tan so I can show Rod what a real tan looks like. :laugh: ;)

Bottom Line: My RV is too old to have the auto awning roll up. Seriously I have heard some people say the auto roll up awnings don't always work as advertised. I live by the motto "if it can go wrong, it will".

H2H1

Well I can attest that mine dose. if only my battery was that reliable :( :( :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

G

DL u need to invest in one of the new tan thru awnings ,, it let's the rays thru ,, but u don't feel the heat ,, it's new ,, and it works ,, but my feet don't understand how it really works ,, well i think i'll be buying a antigravity thingy ,, that way i can hang upside down ,, and tan from my feet up ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :clown: :clown: :blush:

C Nash

If I ever see the bottom of Rods feet with a tan I will really start to worry about him :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: