Awning lights

DCNKY

Would it hurt the awning to hang rope lights then roll up the awning when a storm pops up? I was thinking of using those white nylon hangers to support the rope lights. They are flexible and seems to me they would roll up ok. Any veterans out there with suggestions ??

Kirk

Re: Awning lights

I agree that it will stretch the fabric and in every ridge of the roll. Over time the fabric does tend to stretch anyway and I sure would not do that. It will also cause it to collect water inside of the roll and might mold.

*scooter*

On my rv, the rope light is installed inside the rail, and the wire runs to the arm where it can be disconnected when rollin up the awning. There is an electrical out installed just below the awning where it rolls up to the rv and then there's a light switch inside the coach at the door. Very neat. I bought that way and I think it was professionally installed.

H2H1

hey Scooter that sound great, I have 03 Sounthwind with electric awning and was wondering if I could have mine done that way. If you could PM me some on what you have. Thanks

LEN

If you have the utility awning on the coach there is a indentation ant the bottom of the awning that allows the rope light to be installed and rolled up. If you do not have the utility awning I would not try rolling the lights in. I have that option on my coach but have not installed the rope light. How ever if you have that option and brake a spring, it takes a special spring because of the indent. No cost difference for the spring, just different.

LEN