AZ to New Orleans

Pancanbob

Re: AZ to New Orleans

That Picture is of me in Panama, playing Santa Claus for the Shrine, the beard is mine.
I would grow it for Christmas the shave it off in January. Came back to States to help my mom.
:( :( :laugh: :approve: :clown: :dead:

bcampbell

"You All" really do get off topic. I just wanted a few suggestions and heads-ups before I made my trip across Texas. Bruce

H2H1

OK Bruce here u go, last year I thought I would never get across Texas on my way to AZ. just keep in mind that most roads are flat and you get cross winds that will push your RV a little. I went across Texas using I-20 and came back using I 10 . Take your time if u can, I was in such a hurry that I missed so much. Texas is so large and so much to see, and it is a beautiful state. I wanted to stop and see the 72 oz. steak but went right by it before I knew it. So as I stated earlier take your time if u can and enjoy your trip. I 10 is always under construction in Texas so be careful when you get there. Good luck on your trip

elkhartjim

Thank you Hollis. As ya'll know, we Texans try not to brag too much about our great state. Its always nice to hear a foreigner compliment it. Bruce, welcome to the forum and try to leave some time to explore what we call the "hill country". This is an area west of San Antonio and Austin. IH 10 goes through the southern part. Kerrville is a great stop over, so is San Antonio.

bcampbell

Thanks for the suggestions. I will be taking 3-4 to get from Mesa Az. to New Orleans so I should have some time to see the sights. I didn't mention I drive a Vista Cruiser (Sprinter Van) and will be heading to new Orleans to sail in a Regatta. I can't wait to cross the southern part of our beautiful country for the first time.
-----
Bruce
Gulfstream Vista Cruiser (usually towing a sailboat)