BAD LAND SD

H2H1

We are planning our next year trip to the Bad Lands. Does any one have any camp site we should be considering to stay? Also what would be a good date to go, don't it to hotor to cold. Just remember we are coming from Atlanta area so the route isn't a factor as we are traveling across this greatcountry.

DL Rupper

Re: BAD LAND SD

Hey Hollis, try October. Too hot right now. Stay in the city of Wall, SD. The Wall Drug store is fun. Happy Camping.

H2H1

Hello DL, missed you on the forum, but we know you were out of wifi. So how has it been going with out wifi, pretty quite? anyway glad you are back :laugh:

C Nash

Hollis, we stayed at the KOA in Spearfish and it was ok. Lot to see in that area especially if you catch it during corvette week. We were there in July and it was HOT HOT HOT.

aussie Keith

We had a few days at Hill City (Mt Rushmore) KOA. Biggest camp we saw in a year. Great amenities, especially if you have kids. Expensive, but you get what you pay for. Handy to all the local sights and we'd probably go back there if in the area.

DL Rupper

Hollis, I'm still without wifi. We go into town about every 3 or 4 days and steal the wifi outside of Super 8. The biggest problem is the amout of time on the battery. I have to share with my significant half.

We have also stayed over in Spearfish, SD at Chris' RV. It was OK and we took day trips to Devils
Tower in WY and Deadwood, SD. You would like Deadwood if you gamble. :evil:

raskal

Chris's Campground in Spearfish is nice and offers a good night for the money as well as being near some very interesting road tours and other interesting sites. Custer State Park, just a few miles from either Keystone (Mt Rushmore) and Rapid City has some excellent sites but a limited stay (two weeks I believe). Of course you're likely to see Bison or Pronghorn roaming through the area whilst camping there which makes for an interesting view. There's also camping at Wind Cave with the same creatures and interesting cave tours as well.

We're currently parked near the town of Peidmont where the most excellent steak we've had can be bartered for just down the road at the Elk Creek Roadhouse & Saloon and we're near enough to all sorts of things to see and do ... sometimes even the far away stuff calls. Last weekend we drove into central Wyoming and played in the Big Horn mountains.

raskal

Chris's Campground in Spearfish is nice and offers a good night for the money as well as being near some very interesting road tours and other interesting sites. Custer State Park, just a few miles from either Keystone (Mt Rushmore) and Rapid City has some excellent sites but a limited stay (two weeks I believe). Of course you're likely to see Bison or Pronghorn roaming through the area whilst camping there which makes for an interesting view. There's also camping at Wind Cave with the same creatures and interesting cave tours as well.

We're currently parked near the town of Peidmont where the most excellent steak we've had can be bartered for just down the road at the Elk Creek Roadhouse & Saloon and we're near enough to all sorts of things to see and do ... sometimes even the far away stuff calls. Last weekend we drove into central Wyoming and played in the Big Horn mountains.

H2H1

Thanks to all who reply to my post. As of now we are still in the planning mode. we will put all the post in our file and put our trip together as time goes by. we really like the idea of having things close by :laugh:

Jim Sarge

RE: BAD LAND SD

:) We just returned from the area and we stayed at a new, well organized campground at Spearfish, SD. The campground is located just south of I90 on Hwy. 85. It is called Elkhorn Ridge RV Park Resort, Phone: 605-722-1800 or 877-722-1800.
:) The best time to visit would be after the cycle rally in Sturgis, which is first week of August. We had a good time there, as it is very easy to get anywhere, very nice pool, hot tubs, very nice showers, play ground, WiFi at each site, TV cable and pets allowed. Jim

H2H1

THANKS Jim and welcome to the forum. YES I agree with you avoiding cycle rally being I don't ride. But heard the sites are nice :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Paul235

RE: BAD LAND SD

Found a great spot to spend a few days for a ridiculous price. Faith, S.D. - southwest corner of SD. Little municipal park 4 blocks south of main St. 30 amp power hook-ups, water available, dump station .........all for 5 bucks "suggested" donation. Little town, not much but peace and quiet, although they did have a T-Rex dinosaur exhibit going on while we were there. Only about 12 sites not real level but doable.