Bad LED's

BobW

My problem is solved, but why? It all started with my nav lights not coming on. I took the dash apart thinking it was the light switch, or one of the relays. I checked all the fuses and blubs. I also noticed the rear view monitor coming on when I turned the headlights on. What the heck. This didn't make sence. So, I thought of the last thing I did and it was to switch over to LED rear light replacement blubs. This can't be the answer. So I changed the bulbs and everything worked normal. What in the world could a LED do that caused all this trouble? 97 Monaco Winsor. :question:

BobW

Bad LED's

Well I tore into the dash and exchanged a couple of ICC relays around. No change. I took the light switch out and crinped the connectors and re-asambled it back together. Checked the lights again. So after all that I decided to put the old filiment bulbs back in again. Everything worked. The interesting thing is, why did the back up monitor come on when the headlights were turned on? If I had a bad ground would the headlights come on at all. I thought the resistance of the LED's were the answer, but, I'm not too sure. Very strange.

s.harrington

Bad LED's

LED lights should not change anything. They just take less power. Sounds like feed back along the ground wire. It could be led light that is letting power to ground with enough resistance that it doesn't short but still enough to cause problems. LEDs draw less power to work but have resistance. Try using only one LED at a time and see if you get the same problem. Test all your LEDs this way.