Battery Isolator

dagenais

Hi, I have a 1996 Chevy Falcon 190 which was converted by Intervec Internation Cory of Bristol Indiana. I could have sworn I harged the auxilary battery with the engine running. My mechanic tells me I don't have a battery isolator. I think I do but I can't locate it. If anyone else has a similar vehicle Ford or Chevy could you please let me know if yours has an isolator and where Intervec hid it? Thanks

Kirk

Re: Battery Isolator

Are you speaking of a motorhome? I have never heard of a Chevy Falcon.

dagenais

Re: Battery Isolator

Intervec International convertedvans made by Chevy, Ford and Dodge. These conversions were complety self contained and the name they gave these vehicles were Falcon 190 or another name. I know I have a battery isolator on this vehicle but can't find it. It's hidden somewhere.

Kirk

RE: Battery Isolator

I did a search on the manufacturer's name and I found a club for owners with the following information.

In case you are wondering where our name came from, the club was originally formed for the owners of Falcon and Horizon campervans manufactured by the former International Vehicles Corporation. Hence the "InterVec" in our name. The company is no longer in business but the club has continued and is now open to owners of any small motorhome. We are now the official club for motorhomes manufactured by Phoenix USA Inc. Thus Phoenix is now a part of our name.

The information came from http://www.intervecphoenix.org/

You might be able to get help by joining this club for owners.