Battery issues

mistabonze

I'm getting ready to go camping this weekend and went to check my LP level. So I went to the panel where the levels for LP, grey water, black water and battery voltage may be checked. When I pressed the LP button no reading. Then I noticed no readings for any thing. (I'm gonna take a step back here. When I first bought the coach about a year ago I posted a question about turning the batteries off. If I hit on the main and auxillary batteries they will not turn off. I have never been able to turn them off. Thet stay on all the time)

Now back to my current situation. The auxillary battery is on (the red indicator light is on). The main battery is off. No red light comes on when you switch it . The voltage on the auxillary battery is over 13.xx and there is no reading for the main battery (blank digital screen-not even a 00.0)

Aslo the coach is plugged into 30 amp service right now so regardless of main battery power I would think the LP, Black water and grey water panel indicator lights should work and function.

So what could this be.

I initially thought dead main battery so I went looking for the batteries. Not in the same place as my previous Pace Arrow. Currently I have a 2003 Pace Arrow. There is a battery under the hood and I found another battery inder the steps inside the coach (actually the one under the steps is two 6 volt batteries linked together). My first question is should there be another battery- the main one. I would think that the battery under the hood is not the main or auxillary. Am I correct. When checking it has plenty of juice. The battery under the stairs also has plenty of juice. Also the coach starts no problem.

What else could I check. Could it be a fuse for the indicator panel. I could find a fuse labeled for it. Sorry this is so long. Not an easy thing to explain.

C Nash

Re: Battery issues

Those are the only batteries you have Steve. Check the battery connections on the batteries under the step. Sounds like you have a bad connection or fuse somewhere. Are you sure you have not cut them off with a switch? My HR has a switch at the door and a cutoff at both batteries which is located in my basement. Did you ck the house batteries (2 6 volt) with a hydrometer or how did you determin that they were fully charged?

mistabonze

RE: Battery issues

Disregard the post. I figured it out. I replaced my LP leak detector before I noticed the above problem. The new one only had two wires a red and black. The old one had three wires 2 red one black. I left the third wire (red) from the coach disconected. I pulled the new detector out, hooked up the third wire to the power source and every thing works. Two hours of frustration for nothing. Oh well live and learn.

C Nash

Glad you found the problem Steve. Thanks for letting us know the fix :approve:

H2H1

Steve you must have had a pretell 26 with 3 wires. I just replaced mine. I was lucky I got Ken at GTS to get mine , they only had 2 pretell 26, and a lot od pretell22 2 wires. I am glad you found and corrected the problem