Battery Question

Diceman

I have a 2000 25" Damon Hornet single slide trailer. I have a fairly new battery according to the guy I bought the trailer from this Spring. If I have my trailer pluged into the 110V power to my house, does this also charge the 12V battery that runs the stereo and TV booster? My problem is I noticed that my battery has gone dead while the trailer was plugged into 110 power.

Diceman

Re: Battery Question

I also looked and I have a Magnetec Model 6345 converter/charger. I have checked all 15a fuses in the panel and they are all good. I also checked the breakers which are also good. The indicator in the trailer says the battery is charged. This is the same indicator that tells me how full the tanks are. This seems to be working fine except for the battery level is definately not accurate.

LEN

Check the battery level with the 110 UNpluged after a time of rest, the battery should be at 12.5 volts. Then plugin and check voltage on the battery, this should be up about 13 volts or a bit above. Clean the battery terminals first. Also what is fairly new? A 2000 should be on its at least 3rd battery, there are purchase dates on the battery and if its over a couple seasons old, well who knows.

LEN

H2H1

well as most know I have had battery problems for some time now. I finely got the engine battery form going dead, but the house batteries went dead while in dead wood. I bought 2 new ones and install myself, AND YES I did put them in backward and shorted some thing out. That another story but we may our trip the best we could and still happen about the trip

G

Mike , if u can have the batt load tested it will tell the yea and nea of if it is good or not ,, but the best way is by a batt hydrometer ,, it will tell the full story of if the batt is good or not ,, the batt can take a charge ,, but when that full charge is needed ,, it may not be able to handle the load ,, that is why the hydrometer ,, is more neede than the load test ,, but JMO :) :approve: