battery want stay charged

C Nash

Re: battery want stay charged

The amp draw is the best to locate a drain with but all don't know how to use them. Like Rod i have located many drains with the trusted test light. Kind of get used to how bright it burns and when you are working alone the light is easier to see from afar. Yes, the meter is the best on late models. Hollis did the battery lose its charge with the cable disconnected? If so the batt is bad regardless of what the ck showed. I have seen this also.

G

i have also added a buzzer to test for draws Nash ,, hook it up the same as the test light ,, but u can listen and when it get's lower (as pulling fuses) then u know u'r on the right track ;) :approve: :laugh: :laugh:

utmtman

Dang me dang me they oughta take a rope and hang me. So many tests, so little battery, time, tools, assistants. LOL could not resist.

H2H1

OK Lee glad you had a good laugh :laugh: :laugh: :approve: .Yesterday I started it up and then put some ice in the black holding tank and drove it to the welcome center to flush it out. I think it clean what was left in there out, nothing but clear water came out after pressure washing it. AfterI was satisfied with that I put in about 5 gallons of water. When I got home I just parked it, this morning went outside to check on it and it started right up no hesitation. Now I am going to let it sit till Saturday morning and give it a try. Wish me luck :laugh:

C Nash

Now Hollis, which one of us told you to put ice cubes in the tank to fix a battery failure :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :evil: ;)

H2H1

I CAN'T TELL THAT!!!!! No I just needed to clean out the black tank as I suspected it was building up. And since we aren't going any place for the 4th and I wanted to drive it I decided to clean it out. As for as the battery I did move the wires that fed the lighters and hooked up a CB radio, It seems to be holding the charged. I will not check it until Friday letting it sit for awhile and see what happen

utmtman

Hey hollis I saw a neat little device in CW today that you could hook to your battery and with a remote you could click and it would disconnect your battery to save a charge and it also said to keep your vehicle from being stolen. Interesting for sure. I did not look real close at it but if it would keep that small amp charge in there to keep the clock and radio and such in service I might buy it my ownself. But that will be another day.

TexasClodhopper

H2H1 - 7/2/2008 9:40 PM ... As for as the battery I did move the wires that fed the lighters and hooked up a CB radio,...

Hollis, if you moved wires and the battery drain stopped, then you still have a problem that will rear it's ugly head sometime when you least expect it.

All you have done is find out where the problem is. It isn't fixed yet.

H2H1

TEX, It seems it seems that I fixed that problem, that what I should said. I re routed and applied electrical tape on section that was cut to check on volts to the lighters. I did not cut the insulation the service tech did when he was checking at them. I can't say this a permeably fix but as of now it's working. Like I said in the other post I am going to wait till Saturday and go out and see if it will start. We are planing the 4th now so the MH is on the side :(

TexasClodhopper

Yeah, that sounds like you found and fixed the problem. Good job. It's really hard for those of us without an eyeball on it to be sure you found it and fixed it, but glad you got it done!