Becoming fulltimers soon

MAMABIRD12

Hi all! My husband and I are going to become fulltimers at the end of this school year when we both retire. We have been going through our house sorting, throwing away and having garage sales and posting on craigslist to rid ourselves of our "stuff". Some days it seems like a chore but then we look out at the snow and smile at each other and say, "Wonder where we will be next year at this time?" Does anyone have any recommendations or just good ideas that we could learn from. We really are excited to do this and it cannot come fast enough. We are worried that we wont be able to sell our house in time--has anyone walked away from their home and what happens if you do?

H2H1

well if you going full time, that is great. If the house is paid off, just list it with a realitor and go. I had a cousin who listed there house in Knoxvill Tn. and went on a cruise. Within 3 days it sold, after the cruise was overe they went to the closing, full price to. So, like I said if paid for there is no reason to wait any longer unless you are counting on the cash flow to help you out along the way. Anyway good luck with your future careers as FTs'

C Nash

Well I would suggest holding onto the house until you are sure fulltiming is for you. You never know what's just around the corner, health, death or it's just not what you thought. Starting over is hard as you get older. We let our kids have our home but we were luckey to have my old home place to come back when needed. AJMO Welcome to the forun