Bed liners

Discussion in 'General RVing' started by krsmitty, Aug 19, 2009.

1. krsmitty

krsmitty Senior Member

I know that this topic has nothing to do with RV'ing per se, but thought there would be enough pick-up owners out there to give an opinion on sprayon bed liners like Rhino or Line-x. Presently have the typical plastic liner from the dealer, but thinking of going with the spray on. Will be installing a 5th wheel hitch before long. I assume they would have to cut parts of the loner to install it?

2. Grandview Trailer Sa

Grandview Trailer Sa Senior Member

Re: Bed liners

Personally, I recommend Line X. I have had it in 5 trucks and it is great. Life time warranty too.

Have a spray liner done before a 5th wheel hitch is installed. They would have to cut your plastic liner for the hitch to fit.
  3. Patrick-HMS

Patrick-HMS New Member

Ditto on Line X...

Extremely tough, lasts a long time, maintains and cleans easily.

I have even had it applied to the painted lower exterior body panels on a 2006 F-150 (done in body color) that got some rough usage in my business. Stayed looking nice, buyer was really impressed with how cool it looked.

I also have my utility trailers sprayed with Line X when they are new.
  4. WildWillyToo

WildWillyToo New Member

I've seen lots of both and believe they are both excellent choices.
    Personaly, I have Rhino on a small section of the keel of my aluminum fishing boat. I beach it frequently (intentionaly) and the aluminum was taking a beating. 3 years with Rhino and it's still as good as the day it was installed.
  5. H2H1

H2H1 Senior Member

Well on the car dolly I had, I took a can of Hercules bed cover paint and painted the ramps just where the tires goes up the ramp and in the tire bed tray. Then I painted the whole dolly cream color. the cream color covered the black but left the rough part for the car to get grip.
  6. DL Rupper

DL Rupper Senior Member

I have had the Rhino liner in both of my Dodge Rams and my son has it in the bed of his Chev Silverado and so far they have been excellent. I would say pick the service shop that gives you the best deal, as they both seem to be good. :)