begining RVing

christa2014

we want to purchase a truck and 5th wheel when we retire, but my husband has never pulled anything and we would like to get a fifth wheel. Is they anywhere he can go and actually be physically taught to pull a fifth wheel. Videos just don't work he needs the real thing. Thanks to anyone who can help me with this information :)

Blueeyes

Re: begining RVing

I don't know if this would apply to just pulling a fifth wheel but has he considered going to his local vocational/tech community college & taking truck driving classes? I know our local cc offers classes. It would be much cheaper than a commercial class.

Triple E

Re: begining RVing

Hello Chris and welcome to the forum. Don't it make harder then what it is. Although it is nice that your husband doesn't want to just jump in and go.

Do you know of anyone, who owns a set up like the one you want, that will take the time to show your husband the tricks of the trade. A large empty parking lot and some time on the highway should show him the basics.

Talk with your dealer and see if he would recommend someone willing to help. Also when it comes time to buy lets us know what is on your mind and we will be more then happy to give you answers to your questions. That is why we are here. Good luck and keep us informed.