Bighorn BH3585RL

Courtcop

I am thinking of trading my 33' Everest for a 38' Bighorn. Going from 10500 lbs to 12400 lbs. I am concerned about my 08 F250 being enough truck for the new fiver. Hitch wt. 2500 lbs. GWVR 16000 lbs. Sales people say that the F250 will be plenty, I'm not sure. Need feedback. Thanks

Steve H

RE: Bighorn BH3585RL

Courtcop - 2/15/2011 3:48 PM I am thinking of trading my 33' Everest for a 38' Bighorn. Going from 10500 lbs to 12400 lbs. I am concerned about my 08 F250 being enough truck for the new fiver. Hitch wt. 2500 lbs. GWVR 16000 lbs. Sales people say that the F250 will be plenty, I'm not sure. Need feedback. Thanks

JMHO but I think you will be happier with a 1-ton for a 5ver with a 16,000 GVWR. Our Big Country has about 18% of the GVWR on the pin. If that holds true with the Bighorn, you are looking at a pin weight in the 2800lb range. The truck willprobablypull it and stop it OK but more than likely the truck will be over it's GVWR.

Visit the Heartland Owners Forum at http://www.heartlandowners.org/forum.phpfor more informatin from Bighorn owners.

Best Wishes!

H2H1

Re: Bighorn BH3585RL

Steve give Ken at GRAND VIEW TRAILER SALES a PM, he sells the BigHorn and he will not tell you anything that not the truth.

Triple E

Follow your gut. How well did the F-250 do with your current unit. That is what, almost 20% gain. When you add all of the stuff you pack you could easily being looking at more than a 50-60% gain. I agree with Steve H. This would be extra hard on your cooling system, running gear and brakes.

When a sales man tells me "No Problem", I run. Except for Ken. Then I listen. :approve:

Poppa

Thers's another aspect of getting a 1 on dually is that it will hold the road better in windy conditions and also the safety factor of blowing a rear tire. While stepping up go for the 4x4 while your at it. It ain't necessary but sure nice to have.