Black Hills Classic

raskal

These last couple of weeks, I've spent part of my time helping prepare rental travel trailers for the motorcycle classic in Sturgis, South Dakota, and today we start moving the units to their spots in the area. Having never been there during the Rally (which was first held in 1938 BTW) I am in awe of the preparation and size of the several campgrounds that exist just for this rally!

The city of Sturgis has 6500 citizens whilst the entire State of South Dakota lists 738,200 ... the "rally" last year brought in an additional 505,000 more!

Having spent a portion of my "working life" as a motorcycle cop in Wisconsin, I can appreciate a good Harley Davidson and I guess I'm about to get a Harley fix in the next few weeks!

utmtman

Re: Black Hills Classic

Sounds like a heck of a get together. Wish I could be there as well. Maybe in two or three years.

H2H1

we will heading to SD in the spring of 09. We will be taking in all tourist sites I am sure of. The DW love to see the sites and that fine with me, as long as she is happy I am happy. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :approve:

raskal

Lee & Fran, Hollis & Maria ... when you get close to making a move this way, drop a note and perhaps I can help direct to some of the best locations to see and visit in my "home" State. We'll be here until Sepember at the least and heading South to AZ for the winter this year.