Black water prep

Discussion in 'RV Tips & Tricks' started by nickfroo, May 1, 2017.

1. nickfroo

nickfroo New Member

Hello= new to the rv world--will be taking off this fri for 1st time out---what is the best prep for my black water tank before useing--?? Thanks nick

2. C Nash

C Nash Senior Member

Lot of water. If on full hook up leave the valve closed till tank is full. Drain black tank before Gray. Does your RV have a rinse built in? If so rinse good after dumping. Get some kind of rv holding tank chemical for the tank to put in it. Be sure to use approved toilet paper. Welcome to the forum Nick. Let us know how the trip turns out.

3. Nicole Rushing

Nicole Rushing New Member

Always follow the cleaning and emptying procedure with an enzyme type product along with a gallon of water.

4. Larry Wood

Larry Wood New Member

Follow instructions on whatever additive you use as to amount and tank size. I have a 72 gallon black waste tank in my fifth wheel. After I dump I put the required amount of additive and add five gallons of water (I carry a 5 gallon bucket for utility.) to slosh around and hopefully help keep tank and sensors clean. I think five gallons is minimum as one gallon would not be enough if I'm not going to use the rv for awhile. Any additive or digesters require plenty of water to break down waste and ease dumping.