BRAKE LIGHTS DISCOVERY NOT WORKING

GPP2

I JUST BOUGHT A 1997 DISCOVERY DIESEL, THE BRAKE LIGHTS IS WHAT I CANNOT GET WORKING.
THE HAZARDS WOORK FINE ALONG WHEN APPLYING THE BRAKES THE MIDDLE OR THIRD BRAKE LIGHT WORKS BUT NONE OF THE REAR BRAKE LIGHTS. COULD IT HAVE A SWITCH SOMEWHERE. BULBS ARE GOOD BECAUSE MY FLASHER WORK. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRCIATED..THE ONLY FUSE UP FRONT IN HOOD I FOUND WAS ALSO GOOD :question: :)

brodavid

Re: BRAKE LIGHTS DISCOVERY NOT WORKING

welcome to the forum, and if everything is fine then it might be in the wiring or connections

GPP2

thanks for the response..this is a great forum...i checked all fuses i could find, did you mean a connection
behind each brake light? why would my 4 way flashers work then?

G

welcome to the forums ,, ,, u have 2 circuits on u'r brake light switch ,, one is for the thrid brake light ,, and the other for the regular brake lights ,, u can try to change that first ,, very cheap to do ,, but IMO i feel that u have a turn signal swtich problem ,, since the Main (not the third) brake lights run thru it also ,, i know u said the turn and hazzards work ,, but if one curcuit is bad in that switch the brake lights will not work ,, if u are good and mechanically inclined ,, i can tell u how to ck the turn signal switch ,, if not ,, try the stop light switch first
JMO :approve: :approve: :approve:
what chassis do u have ???

GPP2

I have a freightliner chasis...all the turn signals work, along with the hazards and third brake light. I would be willing to try anything. I am mechanically inclined and have test lightks and fluke meters
I appreciate the response since we are trying to leave thursday, but i need brake lights