Brand new

DrJ

We'll purchase a new motorhome soon. It will be a tiffin diesel 40'. We are worried about the mechanical problems of "slide outs". Are they problematic with repairs? Also, how much does it cost to use septic systems at trucker stops inorder to dump the RV waste in the black tank?

LEN

With ANY new coach you will have a few problems that will need attending to, most are minor. As to slides, they have been around for about 15 years and do have the occasional problem but are far and few between. As to dump stations about $5 and if you fill with fuel a lot of the time dump is included, how ever as you get accustom to the RV life the gray water will be the big problem the black tank will go a week but depending on the shower time the gray can go from a couple days to a week. By this time you will need laundry and we feel time to get to a RV park so we have sewer and power and water. The RV parks run from $15 to $$$$$$$ a night, most are about $25-$40 a night.
When you pickup your new RV video the walk thru and camp near the dealer for a couple days to try out ALL the features and systems. If any thing need attention it can be handled NOW.

LEN

H2H1

good suggestions and points Len. As a added note, Fyling J/ Pilot offer dump sites, but there is a fee to dump. I use FJ&P all the time and never given me a discount to dump. I will hold off and find me a State Rest Area that has sites that offer free dumping. I f not I will dump at the next RV park we stay in.

DrJ

H2H1, I am sorry, what is Flying J/ Pilot? By the way, I too am a proud disabled veteran. Any special RV events for veterans?

H2H1

DrJ , Ken answer it for me, but they also have restaurants that are good to eat at. Most are fast food like Wendy's. I have nerver heard of special events for veterans, but you can stay at a lot Military camp grounds at a big saving. I like to go to Destin where there is a military camp ground that is super nice, it has full hook ups and the cost per night is $20.00. We also like a lot of state & national parks as well as COE all are cheap but most lack the FHU , just water and . PM me if you like I will try to help you out as much as I can.