breaks vibrating

smokey

I have a 2000 F350 Desiel that I bought used two years ago. I have been having a constant problem with the breaks vibrating. I had the breaks replaced, including calipers. The vibration returns after a few month of driving. I feel the vibration especially when driving down hills or slowing down on the high way. Has anyone expirenced this problem with their F350 and any solution. Thank you

C Nash

breaks vibrating

Hi smokey,
have you replaced the rotors? Does it only viberate when the brakes are applied? You can determin if it is front or rear by using the emergency brake. Apply the emergency brake only while driving and if the viberation is there it is the rear brake thats giving the problem.

Shadow

breaks vibrating

Hi guys,was it doing this when you bought the truck or did it happen over time? If it happens only when the breaks are applied I would start with the rotors. If not,is it a 4x4? Chelse,you sure been burning that midnite oil. Ya'll building another dragster over there? :eek:

Shadow

breaks vibrating

Good point Krazeehorse, could be the hoses going to the front calipers. They could be bad also. Try replacing them and hopefully the calipers are still ok. Would still maybe turn the rotors. :blush:

Gary B

breaks vibrating

Hi Smokey, does this happen all the time or just when your towing a trailer? Is you brake controller an electronic type controller?
:) :laugh: :cool: :bleh: ;) :approve:

C Nash

breaks vibrating

Smokey really need some more answers as to when and how the viberations occure. Do you feel it in the steering, brake pedal or all over.

Naw Shadow, having withdrawels from the burn outs and alkahol (never could spell that word)smelling it that is. really in to the high performance now. Grandkids BMX bike racing. Got the little Chevette in mothballs for the time being.

Poppa

breaks vibrating

The probable cause for the vibration stopping with new pads then coming back after a little travel is the pads are wearig into the rotors and when they are set or contoured to say they have a tendency to feel the hard spots on the rotore. Had a similar problem and had rotors turned by a reputable shop.