brokeded convertor

chapo1

hey yall! I have this 2000 prowler 27x my 30 amp convertor went out any recommendations on which direction I should take to fix. old camper new to me. any info would be appreciated. thanks Cesar

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: brokeded convertor

If your converteter is not charging, take it to a dealer. It takes a lot to remove all the wires and reconnect them correctly.

dennis1949

RE: brokeded convertor

Try www.bestconverter.com. Call them and tell them what converter you have and they will have a replacement for it. I replaced my converter in my old trailer without any problems. Took me about 45 minutes. Just tag the wires as you take them off.

G

Now i know what i been doing wrong ,, tag the wires ,, what a thought ,, better than just pulling and then going circuit by circuit ,, and see what contols what ,, Hey i'm just kidding around,, Dennis is right ,, it does help when u go back in with the new one ,,,, hope all works out for u ,,, but if it don't let us know ,,, we'll try to help out as much as we can :approve: :laugh:

Charles T

chapo1 - 3/4/2009 5:39 PM

hey yall! I have this 2000 prowler 27x my 30 amp convertor went out any recommendations on which direction I should take to fix. old camper new to me. any info would be appreciated. thanks Cesar

I'm in the same situation. The old Magnetek converter in my MH is suspected of being the main reason my house batteries were destroyed. There is a replacement/upgrade kit for this converter but I read several negative reviews on this upgrade. I discovered there is no reason for replacing the complete converter (fuse panel, breaker panel. converter unit and housing) so I'm replacing the converter unit only with an Intelli-Power unit. I'll have to make some modifications to the original housing for better ventilation but the wiring is very simple, 3 wires for AC/ground and 3 DC out wires.

Local weather is improving so I'm running out of excuses for getting outside and taking care of this job. :laugh: :cool:

chapo1

thanks guys for all of the great input. I took all of your advise took pictures tagged all of the wires called the local camper land they hooked me up with inteli convertor , very easy to hook up. it cost $215.00 plus tax for a 40 amp. the pictures sure did help for refering back to and tagging each wire I removed was to easy. I appreciate & my family appreciates the lighting. yall take it easy & maybe we'll see you at the lake.
:cool: Cesar