Buying used class A

transrand

I am looking for a good used Class A motorhome. I have had pick-up campers and pull behinds, but this will be my first motorhome. What should I be looking for as far as accessories, common problems, etc. We have a family of four with young children under the age of 5. I know I am looking for about a thirty foot rv. Can I get a decent rv for under $10,000? I would appreciate any advice I can get from all of you seasoned rver's.

Poppa

Buying used class A

Hey Guy well here goes the story. In looking I found something that would interest you. Wehave a 12 and 5 year old 1 dog and a couple cats.

Look for an older top of the line for the era motor home. It will have everything you want and then some.

I bought a 1979 Foretravel for $7,500. 33 foot, Dodge 440 engine, bath with shower, pull down bunk over drivers seat, double couch bed, rear bedroom, frig, freezer, stove, microwave, oven, icemaker, 2 ac's, ducted heat, 6.5 kw gen and I could go on and on.

It needed a little tlc but it has been worth it. Rather spend money on traveling and enjoying life rather than paying a big note and not have traveling money,

Ours was not a fluke, I have seen several advertised used ranging from 8,500 to 13,000 ready to roll in the 1980 to 1985 age bracket. There was a 35 footer West of Pigeon Forge about 20 or 30 miles that was going for 10,500.

Hope this helps

suzloo

Buying used class A

We were very lucky in finding our first motorhome. We frequent the auto auctions in our area and at the end of the year they are overrun with donations, including motorhomes. We bought our 84 Winnebago chieftain for 5000 and couldn't be happier. It has always been covered, no kids or dogs, and has many upgrades. I called the previous owner who said he was getting too old and had to get rid of some of his toys. He had just put new tires on it and had a banks system installed. So the buys are out there, you just have to be patient. Bob