Bypass Power Relay Off when on the road

cpkleve

Hello, I just purchased a used 1998 Four Winds Hurricane 30Q. My family of six and I (wife and kids) are traveling at the end of the month for a 3000 mile round trip journey to and from the East Coast (Wilmington, NC). I replaced the old TV with a DVD and TV system however when we are traveling down the road with or without the generator running, I don't get any power to the TV or DVD sytem? The outlet under the dash by the driver is 'dead' when we are traveling on the road. When we are plugged into an electrical receptacle at home everything works great. A friend of mine said I need to 'bypass' a relay. Can someone tell me how to do this? I want my kids to be able to view DVD movies and play video games while traveling to keep them entertained. Thanks... Chad, Peg & Kids... :cool:

ARCHER

Re: Bypass Power Relay Off when on the road

When you unplug your shore power line are you plugging it into the plug by where the electrical line is stored? If not, that might be your problem if your set up is like my old Winnebago. If you want 110 power while running down the road you need to have the generator running and to get the power to the outlets you need a way for the power to get from the generator to the outlets, so it starts with the electrical line, a by-pass switch perhaps on the near the generator or somewhere else. Have you (if you have one) an owners manual for the coach? If not, try to get one....it should tell you how to do that and where stuff is located. Welcome and good luck, enjoy...... ;)

LEN

Re: Bypass Power Relay Off when on the road

This is a safety feature. The relay cut power to the entertainment system when going down the road so there is no distraction for the driver. And yes there is a relay for this, as to where it is????

Good luck

LEN