cabin fever

elkhartjim

I've now been out and about for several days.

The last few weeks the weather has been rain, sleet, snow and sunshine. Temps in the twenties to the mid eighties. I've had flu like symptoms since before new years. Executive decision time...last Tuesday decided to go someplace, anyplace. Spent a few hours loading up the Bounder Tuesday and about as much time convincing Roxie to get out...we're not leaving till tomorrow. Likely story she thought. I think she's got cabin fever too.

We spent Tuesday night restlessly. Each time I would go to the door she would dang near knock me down....she is not going to be left.

Pulled out Wednesday headed south. First stop was for fuel. Sure felt good to fill up with $1.999 fuel. Tried to lasso Tex into meeting for some "holier than thou" barbeque but Ms Sally had him lined up for something different.

Arrived at Spring Creek Park just a little north of Houston. Only 8 spaces with full 50 amp hook ups. Best part is....free for max of 7 days.

I wanted to drive down to Galveston to see how the recovery is coming. Dang, we Texans are resilient. Did not see nor hear...where's thegovernment or where's my check. In spite of Fema, they are well on their way to recovery. I knowI'm prejudice, but I bet Galveston in 3 1/2 months is further ahead of our neighbors one state over is in 3 years. Of course we're accustom of taking care of ourselves. Just a proud Texans point of view.

I've spent the rest of my time relaxing and meeting some really nice people.

I'm leaving in the morning for some other place. Maybe South Padre Island and then to Mexico. The liquor cabinet needs some replenishing after the holidays and the "hot toddies".

See you on down the road.

H2H1

Re: cabin fever

well Jim I am glad you are over you flu like sickness. Better yet I am glad u are getting out and enjoying that MH of yours. I just wished I could get out and go, but thing around here are keeping me in. But I have been planning my trip to SD this May or first week in June. Take care of your self and enjoy to traveling.

H2H1

Jim I should have also said that cabin fever is sitting in on everyone. The weather is cooperating as it been quite warm here middle GA. sometimes it been in the high 70 and low in the low 50. I have been doing some prep work on mine and found one of the cabinet doors has come loose so I had to re glue it and put in a brace to keep it straight and square until it dried. I also ck the house batteries making sure they do dry up, I have 2 gallons of spring water t keep them full. take care and come on over to the chat line when u can. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

DL Rupper

Hey Jim it's cold in Texas. We are back from our interlude in Ohio and spent a cold morning in Fredericksburg. I hope we didn't bring the cold weather with us.

Glad you are getting out and having some fun. We would like to get over to Galveston/Beaumont area to see how they are doing. We haven't been over that way for about 3 years. We leave here in Feb so guess we will head Easterly before going North for spring.

elkhartjim

DL..I may go to Kerrville this week. I'll pm you if'n I get close to you. Have ya'll been out to the wild flower place? Where are you staying in Fredericksburg?

G

Jim good for u ,, getting out and going ,, i wish i could :( ,,, but the dog sure seems to want to go ,, at least u won't have to look for her ,,, u'll know where she'll be ,,, ;) in the MH waiting for u to go :approve: :approve: :cool: :cool:
An I too am getting the cabin fever ,, even worse ,, since we have had rain for almost 2 weeks non stop ,,, :angry: :angry: :angry:

H2H1

Rod you got to live in a cabin, before you can get it :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: .That small mansion that call home doesn't qualify as a cabin :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

rjf7g

I get to go to work every day M - F, so at least I get out of the house some! I just went outside for the first time today - to do my recycling and trash chores. We had a delayed opening on Tuesday due to ice the weather folks were calling for but never came. We had a dusting of snow on Thursday. My weekends are very different in the off season, for sure.

whitey

RE: cabin fever

Hi Jim:

I know what you mean about Cabin Fever i stood it until 5 Jan and we loaded up went out to the canpgroud for a week,we really enjoyed getting out of the house, Visit a lot of friends that live close to the campground.

utmtman

Glad to see so many people getting the itch and wanting to hit the roads again. I feel dormant sitting here doing nothing waiting for the RV and Vacation show to start. Cant wait for the time to come either when we hit the roads again for some place different. Been here a month and it feels like months. Month and a half more and Im on the road again.

H2H1

Lee in about 90 days I will be heading up to Bedford VA to GST OH. Once we get back and repack we will be heading out to Rapid city SD.I know sitting around doing nothing is getting to me as well, I hard sitting and waiting on spring. Lee will you be Petrified Forest this year? Just asking as we might swing by there on our way down to TEXAS for another venture.

Shadow

Hey Hollis, Stop and say hi your next time thru Texas. You came by so fast the last time you looked like you was running moonshine for Chelse !!! :eek: :laugh:

H2H1

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! THAT NOT TO GET OUT!!!!!! I will do that. I have met so many people on line that I would call friends who live in Texas. So you bet I will this time if we decide to come back that way

C Nash

Now Shadow, I haven't run any shine since I got rid of the 49 ford with Mercury flat head V8 and three two barrel carbs. :eek: And that was many years ago :laugh:

G

Nash meant to say many hr's ago ,,, he now uses the Rv ,, makes it less noticable to the cops ,,, and MAN CAN U carry a ton of shine in those tanks ,, and even if the cops wanted to inspect them ,, u tell them the shine is in the Black tank :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :evil: :clown: :8ball:

LEN

Ha Ha Ha

I just hit 75 degees on my way south.
Get outta the snow and head south.

LEN

Shadow

Always had a picture in my mind of Chelse behind the wheel of that 49 Ford. Ninety miles per hour down some old gravel country road. What's so bad!!! :eek: I can picture him in the M/H doing the same thing! :bleh: :laugh:

Len, where is it 75 degrees? It's freezing here in Texas

G

well i am past freezing ,, just plumb froze ,, it's 10 here right now ,, and heading to 6 tonight :O ,, send me some of that weather too Len ,,, PLEASE :approve: :laugh:

C Nash

Should have left this morning. going to around 10 here tonight. :angry:
Shadow, I would try it with the MH but mine is loaded before I start. Hmmm, 50 gallons in the fresh water, 50 in the gray and 50 in the black would come under the fully loaded specs. What about it Hollis? You are in the general area where we use to go. :laugh: :laugh: