cabin fever

cwishert

Re: cabin fever

Well it hasn't hit the teens yet here but I am cold!! :( I can't wait for the spring. I hope the really cold air stays up past I10. Let it stay above freezing down here! I don't really have cabin fever though because we got to spend last weekend at Lake Texana. It was beautiful on Friday but turned ugly by Saturday morning and never got above about 40f all the rest of the weekend. Got to say the MH has a good heater. If you all stop by to see Shadow, come on down 59 a few more miles and visit us too! :laugh:

H2H1

yea I think so Nash, what part of the country are u heading out to first?

C Nash

We will be headed down the Flordia west coast and ck out the Everglades and Keys and back up the east coast. No timetable or reservations.

G

Nash ,, one thing u forgot ,, u need to put some stink in the black tank ,, just incase ;) :laugh: :laugh: :evil:

C Nash

Yep, those heavy drinkers wouldn't know the difference. Some of the old moonshinners threw batteries in the cooking batch to make it work off faster or that's what they claimed. :eek: :dead:

C Nash

Jim, think you can see by these post that you are not the only one with "cabin fever" :laugh:

H2H1

Nash I think Jim started a domino effect, we all of us who aren't full timers have cabin fever. I know I have it and trying to ease the pain by planning my next trip out. Also by going out side and doing little things to the MH. it not a cure but it helps :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :bleh: :bleh: :bleh:

DL Rupper

I've got cabin fever and I'm in my mobile cabin. The temps are so low here in Texas that it's too cold to get out much. :eek:

cwishert

Yeah DL it's kinda like why come to Texas if your just gonna freeze here too. Maybe you should have gone all the way to the Valley or South Padre. You might be able to at least get comfortable. I know it's cold here in the middle south eastern part of the state. It might get to 60 tomorrow. I think I'll stay in bed and be warm. :clown:

H2H1

well it 18 here last night and suppose to get down to 16 tonight, so it is hard to motivated and go outside for any reason. The high today was 38 and maybe it will reach 45 tomorrow. so all of us are in the deep freeze right now. But when it get real hot we will looking for cool weather. :laugh: :laugh:

DL Rupper

Hey Carol, I spent 1 week in the Valley about 4 years ago and it was OK, but not great. However, it was warm. Maybe the problem I had at the time was all the streets and I mean ALL the streets were under construction. I would go back for a week or so, but not a month.

We aren't into all the RV park organized snowbird activities, so I guess that's why we like the RV parks that don't have swimming pools, shuffleboards, potlucks and sewing circles. Now I don't mind the coffee/donut socials in the mornings once a week. :laugh:

rjf7g

It was 11 this AM when I went in to my living room this AM...it's 18 right now. I am sure hoping I winterized everything just right!

elkhartjim

No cabin fever here. I hooked up with the Texas Boomers and we're in Cut'n Shoot, Tx. Great park and lots of new friends. Its in the 40's but what a fire we had all afternoon. About to have dinner and then coffee (?) and dessert by the fire. The only difference between today and August is more clothes. Go for it!!

H2H1

Well Jim I am glad you are out having a ball. Keep posting back on how you are doing. We will be out last week in May heading to SD. So we are just hanging out and waiting.

LEN

We just pulled into Orange Grove RV Park East side of Bakersfield Ca. Picked a sack of fresh oranes and ate enough to do damage, man are they good fresh right off the tree. If there ready your free to pick here. Very nice accommodations all pull throughs as far as I can tell cable and WIFI if your close enough to the club house. 65 degrees when we pulled in and cooling a bit after sunset for good sleep. Tomorrow morning further south.

LEN

G

well all i got to say is ,, WHERE THE HELL IS SUMMER???? I would love to have about 60's for the lows ,, and upper 90's for the high's :eek:
Ok yes i am waiting also on the thaw out ,, 6 here right now ,, and they say it might fall into the 0's or the negatives ,,, too DAMN COLD for me :approve: :approve:

rjf7g

Jim and Len, you two enjoy it for the rest of us. For now, I am stuck inside eating store bought oranges.

H2H1

Hey Butch, he may have went to Hawaii for the climate warming. We see how cold it is in the northern states.