Cabin Heat in route to camp ground

JW07

Winter question; When in route on the highway and the outside temperature
is very cold and the dash heater doesn't provide enough heat to keep warm
what is your alternative heat source?

Driver with cold feet! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Kirk

Re: Cabin Heat in route to camp ground

That is what your furnace is for. Just turn on the propane and set the thermostat. The propane systems in motorized RVs have been designed for use while traveling for more than thirty years and for at least ten years the ones in trailers have these safety designs as well.

C Nash

I have use ours with no problem. Just remember to shut it down before fueling.

JW07

RE: Cabin Heat in route to camp ground

Kirk and Nash:

Thanks for the info ie furance! I had seen and heard that during travel it was a good idea to secure propane tank in case of accident! But, then I started questioning the logic behind that suggestion when it came to cabin heat during travel!

The meeting of great minds resolved another question!

Thanks,

JW 07
:) :) :) :)

C Nash

I guess when you say secure you mean shutting the propane valve at the tank. later model Mhs have the automatic shut off in case of wreck and rupured lines.

Kirk

The "stop flow" valves for propane line ruptures were required in all motorized vehicle propane tanks since the early 1950's. I doubt that there are any still in service that do not have one. Even the over fill prevention valves that were recently incorporated into the portable tanks used on trailers were made a federal mandate prior to 1960.

hamdave

RE: Cabin Heat in route to camp ground

My unit doesn't have that problem, but you do have a furnace and LPG system, so just use it. It is designed to be used and okay to do so while going down the highway.

cheers