Cable TV

ladylaw

The cable in our RV does not get all channels when we hook up. It is a combination DVD & TV.We took it twice to be fixed but service does not have a tv cable. who should I contact? Are there any tricks to this? Thank you in advance for any help.

hamdave

Re: Cable TV

I'm not sure exactly what you are saying. I had an old 'audiovox' analog TV in mine,(13 in) and the only connection it had was coax to the batwing 'box'. The sensar batwing came in two flavors on my old unit, a) with rf amplifier, b)no amplifier. There was no 'cable TV' connection at all. I have sinced replaced the analog with a DTV 19" flatscreen connected to the batwing.(flavor a). I also ran a another rg6 cable from the overhead cabinet back to where the power cable comes out of the rig. I installed a rf-switch in the overhead cabinet, so all I have to do is switch between batwing and the cable TV . Now I can connect another cable from there to the pole rf connector whenever cable is available where we stay. My rig is a '96' Damon Daybreak.

cheers :)

TexasClodhopper

RE: Cable TV

It sound like you are saying that your television set is not stopping at all available channels.

If that is the case, then the TV itself has a menu item that will scan for all channels that are coming in on the cable. You have to manually go through this process every time you change locations. Even if you use the batwing antenna on top of your RV. There should be a "MENU" button on the remote or on the TV itself to access this function.

Sorry we're guessing, but when asking questions here it is always easier for us if you be more specific than less specific with the details.

ladylaw - 8/3/2008 9:16 PM The cable in our RV does not get all channels when we hook up. It is a combination DVD & TV.We took it twice to be fixed but service does not have a tv cable. who should I contact? Are there any tricks to this? Thank you in advance for any help.

H2H1

I agree with Tex, when we are camping we have to go to the menu and go to the channel search and let it find what channel are in the area. But of course all this is after we connect the cable to the MH

hertig

You may have 2 sources of TV signal, antenna and cable. If you are using TV, then your antenna should be up and oriented to the transmitters (unless it is omnidirectional, recieves all directions equally poorly) and the amplifier should be on. Then set the TV to 'TV mode' and have it search for channels.

If you are using cable, make sure you are hooked to an active cable outlet, and that the amplifier for the antenna is OFF. Then set the TV to 'cable' mode and again have it search for channels.