Campgrounds in or near Yellowstone

Discussion in 'Destinations' started by gracie, Feb 21, 2009.

1. gracie

gracie New Member

Anyone have any recommendations? We'd be entering the park from West Yellowstone. Thanks.

2. Steve H

Steve H Senior Member

RE: Campgrounds in or near Yellowstone

We are going to try Grizzly RV Park this summer! Never stayed there but a lot of our friends have recommended it. In West Yellowstone...close the the park entrance and downtown. You might look HERE for other ideas.

Happy Camping!

3. utmtman

utmtman Senior Member

4. Triple E

Triple E Senior Member

Re: Campgrounds in or near Yellowstone

I don't understand charging for extra people in your motor home. Cabins, I can understand. But not in the MH. Two of my grandchildren are always with us and paying $6.00 to $10.00 more a night takes the enjoyment out of the vacation. Maybe I am cheap but I sure don't like it.

I use to Elk hunt 1/4 mile West of West Gate and there are plenty of places to dry camp with dump station close by.

Enjoy!!!

5. utmtman

utmtman Senior Member

Heck they think that kids are like pets got to charge people extra for having them along. I agree dumb but it probably more the money than any other reason.

6. H2H1

H2H1 Senior Member

I agree I hate to pay extra for my grand kids and any other relatives traveling with me. I know 6-10 $$$$ is to much to pay, but I guess they need the money and this one way to get it . :laugh: