camping clubs

Jagodwin46

Hi I am new to the camping club world
we went to Outdoor adventure club in Davison Mi. to talk to them about their club and it was about 10,000.00 to buy and then $365.00 a year for manit. fees. That is a little steep for retires
there are a lot of cub out there but none cover any weekends, can some one point us in the right direction ( PLEASE)

Triple E

RE: camping clubs

Jagodwin46 - 5/10/2009 9:41 AM

Hi I am new to the camping club world
we went to Outdoor adventure club in Davison Mi. to talk to them about their club and it was about 10,000.00 to buy and then $365.00 a year for manit. fees. That is a little steep for retires
there are a lot of cub out there but none cover any weekends, can some one point us in the right direction ( PLEASE)

I have never heard of Outdoor Adventure Club so I cannot comment on them. My wife and I are members of Naco / Thousand Trails. This cost us $3500.00 and $400.00 yearly for maintenance fees. Would we do it again? Yes. These camps are always available, clean and safe. The down side; You can only stay at one site for 2 weeks at a time. However, I have been told that some changes are being made to this limit. Might be as much as 3 months in some camps grounds. But I have not seen anything in writing as of yet.

10K and 365. I don't think so.

DL Rupper

Re: camping clubs

We spent 14 years on the road without any clubs other than Passport America (50% 0ff) and Good Sam (10% 0ff). The up side of not joining any clubs, besides the high cost, is the freedom to travel where you want when you want. If you pay big time for clubs you feel obligated to go there all the time. The other problem I've heard about clubs is that when you no longer want to RV they still charge the yearly maintenance fee and it's had to break the contract.

Domingo

I have camped many places as a young adult and now in an RV for two years. I am like DL. I want ot go wherever and whenever. There is always room with the acception of major holidays, but that takes a little planning. Save the money for a rainy day. I am a big fan of state parks and federal parks.

brodavid

I would not pay that much either, save the money for something special for that special someone

Triple E

DL Rupper - 5/14/2009 7:03 AM

We spent 14 years on the road without any clubs other than Passport America (50% 0ff) and Good Sam (10% 0ff). The up side of not joining any clubs, besides the high cost, is the freedom to travel where you want when you want. If you pay big time for clubs you feel obligated to go there all the time. The other problem I've heard about clubs is that when you no longer want to RV they still charge the yearly maintenance fee and it's had to break the contract.

DL. What you say about the obligation to go there all the time is true. I never realized it but when we plan our trips we automatic stay at one of our resorts. However, we do get our yearly fee back by not having to pay a nightly fee. Also when you are tried of Rv'ing you can stay in a cabin with no charge. But you may be right "again" on breaking a contract. I have never tried it. Hope to pass it to a family member when I am done.