camplite pop-up

Discussion in 'Talkback' started by Davester, May 11, 2006.

1. Davester

Davester New Member

My family and i are looking to get into a pop-up camper.Are some more reliable than others?are there some we should stay away from?I'll probably buy used.I saw a camplite pop-up with a dinette slide out on the side,are they the only brand pop-up with slide outs?and are they built well.thanks for any help.Dave C.
  2. Grandview Trailer Sa

Grandview Trailer Sa Senior Member

camplite pop-up

I don't sell pop-up's, but I have not heard of Camplite. There are several manufactures who make slideouts in them. Fleetwood and Jayco to name 2.
  3. Kirk

Kirk Senior Member

camplite pop-up

We had a Star Craft and we loved it for 12 years. But that was a long time ago so you may want to do come checking on quality. The Coleman brand name pop-up is no longer made by the Coleman company of Wichita, KS but was sold to Fleetwood. There is at least one that is made by Thor, I think under the Dutchman name. Jayco used to make one, not sure if they still do. When they did it was very well thought of.
  4. deniloo

deniloo New Member

camplite pop-up

We had a Viking popup before getting the 5th wheel. It was a 97' and we had no problems with it. Had a furnace and shower--both worked fine. One trip we had 6 adults and 4 dogs sleeping in it and had a wonderful time! Wouldn't advise that on a regular basis but in a crunch!!! (by the way, other 4 adults were daughters and son-in-laws and the grandpuppies!) :)