Can you walk on the roof?

atikovi

I bought an '88 Southwind 30+ footer. There is a ladder on the back going to the roof. Does that mean you can walk around on the roof? And yes this my first RV.

try2findus

Re: Can you walk on the roof?

Yes, you can certainly walk on the roof. But be careful, it's a looooong way down! ;)

ENJOY!!! :)

akjimny

You can walk on the roof but remember - it is an RV roof - not your house roof. It is made from light weight material and, if you have a rubber membrane roof, can tear easily. The ladder is mainly for access to the roof vents and air conditioner and for cleaning and making repairs. Unless you have a specially built RV, like those made for NASCAR fans that are built to support a roof load, don't go up there except as necessary. Also, don't strap extra load up there (lawn chairs, bar-be-que grills, coolers, etc). :) :)

H2H1

good points Jimmy, now why aren't you fishing, we need those fish for a fish fry at the M&G. JK enjoy yourself

akjimny

Nothing to catch right now but hot dog-sized trout - and it would take a bunch to feed everybody :laugh: :laugh:

H2H1

Hey Nash that reminds me of my grandmother, who loved to fish. She told one day when we was fishing that if the fish mouth was big to get hooked, then her mouth was big enough to eat it. :laugh: :laugh: gosh I love and miss her stories

C Nash

Nothing like so of the sayings them old folks could come up with Hollis.