Canada

SnowbirdInFlight

Canada

quote:You people have to realize, Canadians aren't mad at/hate you as Americans... we hate your Government

Obviously you don't get it, do you? In the USA the people ARE the government, so in fact, you do hate us! And I never said I hated Canada, I just stated that I didn't like the unfriendly people, high prices, and high taxes. You mister are the very bitter, hateful, man from Canada. And you can keep it and I'll keep my money. Oh and it's fine with me if you don't come back to America, home of the free. We don't need people like you here.

Jimmy266

Canada

Don't get all hurt personally there snowbird. You aren't your government... trust me. You can't be as cold, ruthless and uncaring as an entity like that. I am not hateful, I just don't like the policies of your Govenment. Simple as that. My comments were directed at those dishing Canada and Canadians in general. If you can dish it, take it.

I'm not going to comment on most of what Rupper said, except to say misinformation breeds contempt, and that we FULLY SUPPORTED YOU during the 9/11 crisis. Planes landed on our runways and we even let passengers stay in our own homes free of charge. We also have men dying for you in Afghanistan because you had to run off somewhere else to get your oil, leaving the terrorists to the multinational force there.

DL Rupper

Canada

Jimmy, would you please explain what oil you are talking about. That little jab came right out of the far leftest commie disinformation propaganda. We haven't recieved any money back from Iraq and we haven't taken a dimes worth of Iraqi oil. In fact all we have done is free 50 Million people at an expense of $250 Billion U.S. and still climbing. Not to mention the expense of our nuclear deterent you so ungraciously benefit from. Try living in the real world. As snowbirdInflight said, we the people are the government. Your policy of harboring terrorist's will get you just what England got. They, thank God, are starting to see the real world now. Take your blinders off. I don't think you have men dying for us in Afganistan, if you looked at it realistically they are dying for you. I believe we still have more troops in Afganistan than the rest of the Multinational Forces combined. We are still the protectors of free societies worldwide. We didn't attack the terrorist's they attacked us. They are in your house so you might want to get your noses out of the air and take a closer look at your policies as they concern your open arms to all immigrants. They just might bite. Have a good night and sleep well our forces are protecting you.

SnowbirdInFlight

Canada

LOL, believe me you could never hurt me personally or otherwise Jimmy, trust me. And I believe you aren't commenting on what Rupper said because you know he is right. So, we'll just leave it at that and you can stay up there in Canada, unlike the smart people like Peter Jennings and others who came to America and became a US citizen. Why? Because he and others know we are the best. :laugh:

SnowbirdInFlight

Canada

Well, I didn't say I WANTED him here ;) . I just used him as an example . He was one of the many Canadians who have abandoned their 'great Canada' for a much better Country. I personally think he should have stayed in Canada too!

C Nash

Canada

Thanks Snowbird, really could not believe you were a Jennings fan :approve: . I got mad ever time I listened to him. :angry: Seemed to be another newscaster that was against everything America did.

jstephensca

Canada

I find this whole chain to be very offensive. A person visited a small area of a large country and based on this small sample has decided to trash 30 million people.

Not a very logical conclusion.

I deal with people from 4 countries every week (American, Chinese, British and Canadian) and I have had good, and bad experiences with all of them BUT there is one small difference in my thinking . . . I don't trash a whole country because of one or two incidents

SnowbirdInFlight

Canada

I didn't TRASH the whole country, I just stated my own opinion. (Which in the United States of America - I CAN!)

And IMO I found the AREA I visited in Canada to be unfriendly, high-priced, and not worth going back.

If you find that to be offensive, then that is YOUR problem, not mine. :cool:

DL Rupper

Canada

Well maybe that day will come when the people to the North quit looking down their noses with their perceived moral superiority. Until then I'm sure all of our opinions will be vocally voiced since we live in free countries. Peace, but please stay up in Canada this winter since most of the RV Parks in the Gulf States are out of commission and we need places to stay. :) :laugh: :cool: :clown: . Just kidding of course. :evil:

Thumper

Canada

Hello all i'm new to this forum and I regestered mainly because of this thread. Snowbird I am personally sorry you had a bad expearance here in Ontario. I have over the years had a few bad expearances in both Canada and the U.S.A. but I just figured it was the luck of the draw. I continue to travel to the States to camp and shop. Yes I agree with you that our sales tax is high. Until recently the dollar difference should have covered that for you. I know its still not nice seeing it on your recept. We as canadians travel to the states and will continue to do so even knowing we pay 20% more because of the dollar exchange. Please do not put all People in Ontario into the same catagory as rude. I for one enjoy speaking to all people from all places to hear there travel expearences and great places to see. Heck when I use the comfort stations at the park I usually am gone for a hour becuse I stop to chat with someone new. One very nice couple from New York sudjested Allegany State park and we tried it . Loved it and would sudjest it to anybody looking to travel the area. We have a great Provincial Park system. I trully wish you would reconcider coming back again to Ontario and give us a try again. I would sudjest Pinery Provincial Park, Sandbanks Provincial Park, and Grundy Lake Provincial Park. Here is a link for you and others to use if you decide to travel here http://www.ontarioparks.com/
If you have any recomendations please send them on We are a young family with 15 years camping with 2 small kids always looking for a new place to see and explore. Again sorry for you bad expearance. Happy Rving

Phild

Canada

Before you all go offside on Canadians keep in mind that the General population of this great country has great respect for our neighbors to the south. Most of the people in this country are very friendly and love to meet new people I for one have never found a rude RVer anywhere either in the US or Canada. As for Canadians we tend to be silent allies, we come forward when you really need us, when its important,Katrina there were many firefighters and rescue workers that went to assist you, 911 in NY there were over a hundred Torontonians on their way the first day to NY and you didnt even have to ask, the second day they came from all over our country and not once did you hear "hey we are here to rescue you", we went silently about our work helping where we could. The Iran hostage crisis we silently risked our own lives to help those Americans we could get to our embassy and then smuggled them out. Vietnam the hell hole war, did you know there were over 40,000 Canadian volunteers that went to assist your country? ,many died my cousin being one of them flying Air to Mud in Laos,he was left as a POW/MIA along with several thousand American boys, most distinguished themselves as great soldiers.
Do we have some rude people? ..yes we do have some, do you have rude people? of course you do. We do have high taxes, but we also have a health care system that gaurantees every person the right to the best possible care avaliable no matter what race , what economic circumstance, or Location. So before you are too quick to ridicule just take a little time to think about who are the real friends of America in todays world.

razmango

Canada

Hi
we are in victoria bc , thre are plenty good campgrounds around , the state run campgrounds are your best bet , and at a reasonable cost?, check out the web by going into google with canadian parks and taking it from there , you will have lots of links to check out iam sure , we done the same for the usa , and its :laugh: good for us .

razmango

c

Canada

We went to CA last summer, across from the Falls and found most of the people there half and half, so rude as heck and so nice. Found they let the kids run wild in the parks. Also went to Montreal and rude rude rude. Planning a trip to Alaska this summer and have been told folks in BC much better, Hope so. We spent alot of time on a boat before and found Canadian boater for the most part a pain and they seem to cast we are owed and should not have to pay so much because we are from Canada.
Back to RV'ers some nice some look at you like maybe you forgot to zip up. Found most camp grounds packed, costly and run over on weekend with kids
This way I cover camping in Canada!
Some would say stay out if you don't like it, but since have to go throught to get to Alaska we will see how this section is. And that will be a one time trip.

C Nash

Canada

C As I have said before our trip through Canada on our way to Alaska was great. All Canadians we met were super. Gas was expensive so fill before crossing the border. some great parks in Canada and we plan on going back. You can find nice campgrounds also. I never heard any of the campers we met and travel through Canada with complaning about the Canadians. Go and enjoy It's a great adventure.

c

Canada

We plan on making the most of the trip. We have heard that the folks through BC are totaly different folks so we are looking forward to making the trip up. Gas will be a cost that we will hate to pay but you know it has to be done.
Looking forward to our trip!

WilleyB

Canada

largest Suppliers of Oil to the USA take a look! http://www.eia.doe.gov/neic/rankings/crudebycountry.htm Life's funny ain't it.
We're not as seperate or as different as you might think. The next time you're stopped at a railway crossing count how many CN freight cars and locomotoves you see. OH! by the way CN stands for Canadian National. :laugh: It would seem as the US has a bigger dependancy on Canada than you may think, just as when I go grocery shopping for fresh produce this time of year I do know where it comes from :eek: