Cape Hatteras National Seashore Volunteer Announcements

Shunpiker

Announcements have been posted on volunteer.gov for volunteer positions on the Outerbanks, if interested.

Includes:

Cape Hatteras Light Station
Wright Brothers National Memorial
Fort Raleigh National Historic Site
Bodie Light Station
Ocracoke Campground & Vistors Center

We had such a great experience at the Lighthouse, just thought others might be interested. Park Rangers are very appreciative of the contributions of Volunteers. I would return in half a heartbeat if back East.

If interested, suggest inquiries be made about the RV Volunteer Sites at each location. Although we did not personally check out each locations RV Sites (except the lighthouse, which are great), other volunteers we worked with indicated that the Fort Raleigh RV Volunteer Sites are a little close together.

I recorded specific information about the Lighthouse work requirements, site, communications, as well as pictures on VOLCONUS.

PM any questions, if interested.

Have Fun!

try2findus

Re: Cape Hatteras National Seashore Volunteer Announcements

Thanks John. I will save that information for future reference. Sounds very fullfilling and interesting as well! :cool:

Shunpiker

Hope it is helpful, if you have other ??????

Have Fun

try2findus

Only questions on how to manufacture more TIME...That is what I am lacking.

I have lots of ideas and loads of places I want to see, but I would also like to incorporate some volunteer work along the way.

Shunpiker

Once I threw the watch away, time didn't matter as much.

There will be time and opportunities. I am amazed how much there is to do out there.

Have Fun, and safe highways.