Carriage 5th Wheel

raskal

In the last year of our being full-timers, I've had opportunity to look over as well as perform repair work on several models of RVs from tent campers through motor homes. I've also read, along with others here, the bad luck stories posted about models, dealers and manufactures so I wanted to post my positive experience with Carriage.

Like others here, in our first year with this RV thing, there were "issues" which we found as we pulled the white whale down to road. Never being close to the original dealer, we thought we'd have to suck it up and deal with each of them on our own no matter if they were minor or major issues ... WRONG!

Carriage warrantee service has been wonderful with answers to questions, forth-coming with information and schematics on things I wanted to modify or adjust, facilitating connections with other dealerships along our route including authorizations for warrantee service, and speedy repayment of any out-of-pocket expenses. The last being when we noticed the impending doom of three of our four tires due to delaminations and wanted to upgrade from the "E" rated tires to models with a "G" rate ... Carriage offered to front a goodly portion of the upgrade even though it was signifcantly more than the original equipment replacement costs would have been.

Just wanted to post a positve experience for a change ...

That said, it's starting to get too cold here in South Dakota and Arizona is calling more loudly each night ... nine more days

C Nash

Re: Carriage 5th Wheel

Skip, thanks for posting your postive remarks on the carriage. I have also heard good things about Carriage. This is what is so great about rv forums. We owe no one for taking ads and can give our honest opinions.

Kirk

Nice to hear from a "happy camper" at times. YOu did choose one which has a better than average reputation and it seems that they deserve it!

DL Rupper

I haven't heard much bad about Carriage. I usually recomend them when asked about a full-time 5th Wheel.

raskal

This last summer for my work camping I've worked on so many other units, some good and others not so, that I've come to appreciate more the worth of making a well informed decission on such a major purchase in most cases. So often however, it seems that folks didn't ask questions or try the internal systems before signing the final checks.

Like any home, there are hundreds of little and big things that can go wrong ... certainly with little or no after care these systems will fail in time and many of the folks I dealt with seem clueless as to what they should have done to prevent it. Even the most expensive units are not exempt.

It certainly has been a learning experience for me and I'm thankful for the knowledge gained ... just don't call me when need gate valves replaced in your black tank.