casita travel trailer

lynne

I am thinking of buying a 13ft or a 16 ft casita but I am a single woman and am wondering how difficult it is to pull, back up etc.
thanks, Lynne

TexasClodhopper

Re: casita travel trailer

Welcome to the forum, Lynne!

Just remember that that is a VERY small travel trailer (TT). There are many pros and cons that go along with that.

One of the pros is that you can pull it with a much smaller vehicle than most TTs. That just naturally means a shorter vehicle.

So, a short vehicle with a short TT will lead to more maneuverability both going backwards and forwards.

They make those Casitas just up the road a bit in Ennis, Texas which is just south of Dallas.

WandaLust

RE: casita travel trailer

lynne - 3/30/2009 9:18 PM I am thinking of buying a 13ft or a 16 ft casita but I am a single woman and am wondering how difficult it is to pull, back up etc. thanks, Lynne

Make sure you get one with a toilet. As a single woman you may not want to use rest stop toilets when traveling alone, especially at night. If I were single and traveling alone I would rather buy a small ClassB. You don't have to get out of the vehicle to enter your TT. Just park and there you are. The safest way in this day of crime and violence.

Kirk

Re: casita travel trailer

The secret is what you can do and enjoy. Are they large enough? It just depends on who is in them. We know a couple who have lived in a 16' version for more than five years, happily. We also know a couple who lived in a motorhome of 42 feet and four slides and they have left the road because they could not stand the confined space! None of us can really answer for you.