cb radiio

sawwood

Anyone know a good location to mount a cb on a winnebago itasca cambria based on the Ford E-450 chassis? How about antenna placement? Thanks

TexasClodhopper

Re: cb radiio

Steve, my son and I mounted a good radio in our Winnie. That was the end of the easy part. The underdash wiring etc. is solid. I did manage to get the speaker wires out to the doors and the tweeter wires up to the windshield posts, but it was tough.

I have my Garmin mounted on a Ram mount overhead. I had to pull the headliner down (the bottom of the bunk) to get the wires over to the door frame. I ran the external antenna coax down the passenger-side windshield post and into the front fender well.

Kirk

I have not used the CB in our motorhome in probably five years now. The last time that I turned it on, the language used on channel 19 was so obnoxious that we just turned it off in disgust. It is also very rare to have any RV person reply if you do attempt to talk to them. I should remove the thing from the RV

hamdave

Kirk, I have to agree with you. I have one channel on my 706 programmed to ch 19 on the CB band so I can listen only. I do this with an ear-mic so it doesn't disturb DW. I normally communicate on 20m and my dual band 2m/440. Can't see a need for CB at all.

cheers

brodavid

have one in storage untill ready to go again, did not use it for the same reason as Kirk, trying not to teach my littlest one words MommaJackie will get her for.