Champion 3000W generator.....reviews?

Discussion in 'General RVing' started by Calgary Dave, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Calgary Dave

Calgary Dave Member

Wondering what this generator is like....quiet? durable?

Champion 3000W

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2016
  2. LEN

LEN Senior Member

Re: Champion 3000W generator.....reviews?

If you are camping ALL BY YOURSELF fine wear ear plugs. But not in a camp ground. Contractor grade and very noisy. Got with Honda or Yamaha.

LEN

3. C Nash

C Nash Senior Member

I agree with Len. The Champion will be loud or all I have seen were. They are ok at a drag race track. :laugh:

4. Calgary Dave

Calgary Dave Member

yuck. thanks for that clear info. I'm really against getting/having/using one...but the Mrs wants to get a quiet one for our youngest son. At 15 he gets rather bored on about the 5th or 6th day of "dry" camping. Just enough to have a PS3 playing so we can go fish by ourselves would make things more enjoyable for him. I just thought getting a bigger one might be nice to run the A/C...but I definitely do NOT want something loud.

5. akjimny

akjimny Senior Member

You manage to get him thru 5 or 6 days before getting bored??? Ours got bored about the 5th or 6th HOUR of camping. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Any of the small Honda generators will be sufficient to run a PS3 and TV, but it will take at least a 3kw to run your AC. :) :)

6. LEN

LEN Senior Member

7. ed gilmore

ed gilmore New Member

8. DKRITTER

DKRITTER Junior Member

It may depend on which gen you are talking about if it's the construction grade Champion 3000 I agree it's way to loud but the 3000w inverter is much quieter and is no more than the Honda''s or Yamaha's.