Check list for new RV owners

We just purchased our first RV. No one seemed to have a good check list of things to purchase for a new unit. The following is my own that ran approximately $1,000 to fulfill. Hope this helps someone.

RV ITEMS

Miscellaneous
Small wood step ladder from garage
Clothing soap
Clothing softener
Address book
Financial statements
Tape to hold things on wall
Notebook
Calculator
Pens
Paper
Electric vacuum
Iron
Broom
Small brush and dustpan
Mop
Closet lining
Hangers
Small hamper
Umbrella
Walking stick
Flashlight
Scissors
Insect repellent
Insect spray

Bathroom
Biogradable toilet paper
Chemicals for holding tank
Bar soap
Air refresher
Hair shampoo
Squeegee for shower
Shower cleaner
Deodorant
Hair dryer
2 toothbrushes
Toothpaste
Pat, Tom Dental adhesives
Dental holders
After shave lotions
Electric razor
Razor for Pat
Shaving cream
Bath towels
Face clothes

Bedroom
Sheets
2 pillows
2 pillow cases
Bedding
2, 3 throw pillows
Under garments for Tom, Pat
Socks for Tom, Pat
Winter coats (from home closet)

Dining Room
Wall clock
Alarm clock
3 small picture frames
3 large picture frames

Driving needs
Atlas
Maps
GPS
Toll unit
Electronics rechargers (from Impala)
Tools
Tire gauge
Car brush
Old newspapers
Old towels
Window cleaner
Bug remover

Dog
2 Dishes
Bottles of water
Food
Biscuits
Toys

Kitchen
Paper towels
Paper towel holder
Trash can
Plastic bags
Dish towels
Diswasher soap
Measuring spoons
Coffee cups
Dishes
Silverware
Knives
Steak knives
Can opener
Salt
Pepper
Spices
Dish cloths
Toaster
Crock pot
Electric grill
Drinking glasses
Pots and pans
Coffee pot
Pressure cooker
Utensils
Plastic containers
Ice cube tray

Outside
Two lawn chairs
Outside fabric rug

big bilko

RE: Check list for new RV owners

You only require 53 items. 1 pack of cards and a bottle opener. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: Regards BIG BILKO. :) :) :) :) Welcome to the forum..

H2H1

Re: Check list for new RV owners

well BB I would add one more to your list, a trash bag for the cans or bottle. :approve: :laugh: :laugh: there is no sense in littering when camping.

cwishert

Wow that is a long list. You will find that the lighter you pack the easier it is to unpack. Now if you are going full time then I guess you don't have to unpack. I leave most of my utensils and pots and pans in the rv and have a spare set of sheets and pillow cases for each sleeping area. I leave my shampoo and soap and toothbrushes and toothpaste and a hair brush. I usually take out anything that might explode, such as bug spray, suntan lotion etc. So mainly when we get ready to go, it is pack the clothes, food and tools and we are ready to hit the road. I leave the lawn chairs, bbq pit, and carpet in the storage compartment also. Hubby checks all fluids, tires, etc and fills up the MH with gas and water and makes sure all necessities are working. We don't take alot of food we can't cook on the pit because I am afraid of the stove and oven. We have used it but only if it is pouring down rain outside. Yea it would be good to have a kind of generic list of things to have in the RV. Be sure also to add a first aid kit. Things you never expected happen at the oddest times. Also what I might take you would find odd and what you might take I might find odd so it is hard to make a list that encompasses all things necessary for a trip in the RV. :laugh: :)

akjimny

Money - always bring money. (Almost) anything you need and forgot to bring you can buy on the road (except for a tire in Glennallen, AK). Being a "Tool Guy" I brought enough tools to rebuild practically everything. I was real big on electrical stuff; spare fuses, wire, soldering iron, test light, etc.
But your list is your list and my list is mine and people will add and subtract according to their personal needs and abilities. But I'm glad to see you are organized. So many out there aren't. :eek: :eek:
Happy trails, and let us know how everything goes. :) :)

C Nash

If I was organized it wouldn't be fun :laugh: Everthing I need is always some place else and everthing I don't need I have with me. :) If I throw it away I'll need it tomorrow. If I keep it I'll never need it. Aint life fun. :laugh:

akjimny

And I forgot a tarp, about 8' x 12' and some rope. Handy if you get a leak or if you have to kneel next to or crawl under your rig. :laugh: :laugh:

H2H1

Steven I know you was just kidding about a clock Right? We go to bed when tired, and get up when rested, we eat when we are hungry no reason for a clock. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Triple E

Yep Hollis you got it. ;) I don't even want to know what day it is. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ambrosia

A lot of the stuff seems a good general checklist of the mundane things I'd forget. Lovely list when one makes one's necessary personal tweaks. :laugh: