Cherokee Slideout

rpone_99

This summer I bought a brand new Forest River Cherokee 28bh. From day 1 whenever it rains and the slider is all the way out water pours in. The only way I can stop the leak is get on a step ladder and use a broom handle to flip out the top rubber flap. I have to do this every time I send out the slider. WE brought it back to the dealer and they said since it was on warranty they would have to abide by what Forest River says to do. Forest River says there is nothing wrong with the trailor and that we were doing something wrong. This is our first move up from a pop up and with the Forest River response am I to assume thats it's normal proceedure to tote along a ladder and broom to stop a brand new trailor from leaking through the slider. I would greatly appreciate advice, related stories or suggestions.
Ray

H2H1

Re: Cherokee Slideout

Hi Ray AND WELCOME TOP THIS FORUM. I suggest you do a search on Forest River, you can do this at the top of the page on the left their is a link FOR searching. JUST TYPE IN FOREST RIVER RV and see what come up. Good luck

Grandview Trailer Sa

Welcome to the forum Ray!! To answer your question bluntly, NO, your not supposed to have to carry a ladder along to do what you say. Take it back and make them fix it. My guess it the flap is too long and cannot flip. It should just wipe back and forth. Typical response....Like Hollis says, do a search of FR.

rpone_99

Thanks for the replies. I suggested to both the dealer and Forest River that just maybe that in the mfg stage the wrong seal might have been installed. Hmmm now Forest River wants to see pics of the slideout/ seal. Forest River said they would replace the seal if it's wrong. I said how the h**l could it be right if it leaks. Then they said if it is the seal they would replace it for free but for the whole thing to be free the dealer's labor quote had to fall within their parameters. I haven't got that quote yet but can any of you folks give me a ball park figure as to what that might be. It's a 28ft Cherokee Gray Wolf. BTW this has been going back and forth since last fall and now I have 2ft of snow where the trailor gets parked. Thanks for the welcome as well, Ray

DL Rupper

I just don't understand why all the good RV manufacturers are going broke and closing shop and FR just keeps on making crap. :eek:

Grandview Trailer Sa

The way this works is that the factory has time limits on everything. Called "flat rate". If they say it takes 1 hour to do the work, and the dealer takes 1.5 hours, the dealer is out half hour. It really does not matter what your dealers quote is, FR will dictate what they get paid. IF you are under the manufactures warranty, there should be no question. Raise HELL and they will buckle. Don't blame your dealer too much, he probably feels bad about this too, but is selling their product....