Choosing the right rv

new2rving

Help. I'm new to rv's and would like to purchase one as an addition to my home. I really only need beds and bathrooms. I would like to fit 6 or more and it would be ideal to get a vehicle w/ 1.5 baths. I do want this to last, but don't want to spend a fortune. It will be a permanent thing and will have to stand up to all kinds of weather. (I live in New York.)
Can anyone recommend a good brand for a reasonable price? A dealer recommended Trail Sports, but I looked them up and saw that many people were not satisfied with them. Any input would be most appreciated! :eek:

elkhartjim

Re: Choosing the right rv

if your interested in only adding room to your home on a permanent basis, maybe you should look into a mobile home rather than an RV. I'm not real sure what your looking for.

new2rving

RE: Choosing the right rv

I'm sorry. I don't mean that it will be permanently stationary, but that there will be people living in it on a more permanent basis. I do plan to move in the near future. I don't really want a stationary mobile home.

Kirk

Re: Choosing the right rv

To sleep 6 people and also have 1.5 baths, you will need one heck of a big trailer and that means at least a medium duty truck to move that trailer with. No basic vehicle can tow such an RV. Then you add in the fact that it needs to withstand the winters of NY and you have only about two manufacturers left. One is Mobile Suites and the other is no longer in business but Teton brand will do what you want.